Dancing with Aidan - Part 1

You have spent many days and weeks dancing with your classmates, under the tutelage of Aidan Turner, who teaches a dance class when he's not acting. As you all worked hard and danced your hearts out, you all hoped that Aidan would notice you. Not for any romantic reasons, no - but for a prime spot for the end of the year Dance Festival. Students from all the dance classes, not just Aidan's, would be dancing in the festival and some, like Aidan's, would feature the top students dancing with their teachers or other top students. Granted, you can't exactly say that none of the female students wanted him to notice them for romantic reasons; he is, after all, a famous actor, and a handsome one, at that.

While you hope that perhaps you will get the spot, you just feel happy to be included. You love dancing; it always made you feel graceful and energetic. Yet, as you are a student in this class and this school, you are obligated to participate, even if the very thought of dancing in front of a large audience makes you feel sick to your stomach with nerves and anxiety.

So, here you stand, in a line against the studio's mirrored wall with all your classmates, male and female alike. You watch as Aidan slowly walks down the line, sizing each of you up, remembering what potential and promise you have shown, and already imagining what a dance with any of you would look like. He pauses at you for a moment longer than he did for the students before you. You stiffen a little at the attention he is giving you. He looks into your eyes and smiles a little before walking on to the next student.

Your anxiety starts running rampant in your mind. 'Did he smile at anyone else like that?' you think. 'Is he happy with my progress? Did he like what he's seen all year? Or was he trying to hold in a laugh because I was so horrible? I did step on Glenn's toe that one time. We had to stop the whole class. Oh no... Is he laughing because he remembered that? Oh my gosh, I bet that's why he stopped a little longer at me! He was laughing at me! He definitely won't pick me, now! He won't pick me because I messed up and stepped on Glenn's toe and sent him to the hospital! I mean, his toe wasn't that bad, surely. He came back the next day and was dancing as before, although he was very mindful of my feet.'

"Y/N! ... Y/N? Y/N!" You snap out of your thoughts when the girl to your left, Tanya, nudges you. "Hmm?" You look up and everyone in the studio is looking at you. Tanya leans over and whispers, "He chose you." You look to Aidan and he had, indeed, chosen you. He is now standing in the middle of the room, grinning at you, and holding out his hand. "Y/N, may I have this dance?" He questions softly, now that he knows you're paying attention.

You look over at Tanya and the other girl next to you, almost asking for their permission to proceed. They grin and gently nudge you forward. You gulp and smile nervously, walking to Aidan and gently taking his hand. You almost don't have enough time to react as Aidan surprises you by spinning you around, dipping you, and bringing you back up. You manage to hold on to him and control your body enough to make it work. He grins and nods. "I was right. You will be an excellent dance partner." You blush and smile. "Thank you, sir," you squeak. He gently drops your hand and turns to the rest of the class.

"The dance you are all going to be performing for the festival is the one we learned last week. I want you all to practice at home, today, and be back next time, ready to get down to business." Your classmates grab their bags and exit the room...leaving you and Aidan alone.

A few seconds after the last student leaves, he doubles over and laughs. You stare at him, confused. "Sir? Are you alright?" He stands up, wiping his eyes, still giggling. "I thought for sure that you'd step on my toe, too! But, you reacted so quickly! And your face when I picked you and when I spun you! You're so expressive! I'm so glad I picked you! This is going to be so much fun!" You stand there, silent and staring. What does one do when their teacher is overtaken by a fit of giggles at your expense?

Aidan calms down and controls his giggles. "Now, I picked you, but that doesn't mean that you're off the hook. You will still have to dance with the rest of the class, before you break away and dance with me. You will be here an hour longer than usual for the next two weeks, so plan ahead for that. We start tomorrow. Any questions?"

You start to shake your head, but stop when you realize that there was one thing you wanted to know. "Why did you pick me? Surely I can't be the best student in class...especially not after what I did to Glenn." His mouth curves into a soft smile, and had you not known better, you would have thought it to be an admiring smile. "Do you have anywhere you need to be?" "No," you say, shaking your head. "Well then, I'll tell you, if you join me for lunch. I'm starving and we have a lot we need to talk about." You blush and nod. "Okay."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note:
As this is my first Imagine, I'd like some constructive criticism. What did you like? What did you hate? What mistakes did I make (grammar Nazis are welcome)?

I hope you enjoyed this. There is a Part 2 coming.

I hope you have a great day and remember to be awesome to each other!

PS - The media is unrelated to the story. I just find it funny.