Dancing with Aidan - Part 7

He led you to his car and opened the passenger door for you. Sitting in your usual seat was a single white rose. Eyes wide, you looked back at Aidan. He smirked, reached into the car and gingerly grabbed the flower, holding it out to you. "You were beautiful, tonight...and you look far more beautiful, now. In fact...since the day you walked into my class, you have grown far more beautiful in my eyes, every day...even the days when I didn't see you." You looked down at your hands, blushing profusely as his words sank in. "Y/N? Are you ready to go?" You wordlessly nodded, still stunned from his compliment, and slid into the passenger seat.

You later wondered if he had said that as a way to mentally blindfold you, as you continued to sit in stunned silence, thinking over every day you saw him in class. Perhaps it was because of how hard you were trying to not screw up, that you never noticed if he was watching you. Had his eyes really been on you, all that time, watching you in careful and silent admiration of this "beauty" he saw in you? While you scoured your memories for any signs that he had been staring at you, and not just watching you, you never looked up to see where you were going. When he stopped the vehicle at your destination, you didn't take in your surroundings until he caressed your hand with his long fingers and asked if you were alright. "Oh, um...yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry. I kind of got lost in my own mind, for a while."

He slipped out of the car and opened your door for you, offering his hand to you. "We're here. Would you follow me?" You nod, taking his hand, and also slipping out of the car. Now, you looked around and registered where you were. It was a quiet, but nice, neighborhood. The houses had more space between them than you would typically see in the city, allowing residents a little bit more privacy. The houses were not mansions, but they were large. You supposed that only families with larger incomes would be able to live in these homes. Aidan led you up a path to the front door of one such house.

"Aidan...you live here?" He unlocked the door and nodded. "I actually rent it. I move around so much for work, that living in one permanent place isn't exactly efficient."

That fact hurt you. It reminded you of the inevitable - his departure for his next job. It reminded you that, having a long-term, romantic relationship with Aidan might be difficult, if not impossible. It reminded you that, perhaps, he would be better off dating some enchantingly lovely Hollywood Starlet. As you followed behind him, you were so wrapped in your own thoughts, again, that you didn't notice him leading you into the back yard until you actually collided with his back.

He chuckled and turned around to look at you. He gently held your face in his hands as he gazed into your eyes. "Honestly, are you alright? You've not been acting like yourself...at least, not like the self that I know." You blushed and nodded. "Yes...I've just been spacing out a lot, today." He smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, I've noticed! Anyway, here we are!" He stepped back to reveal the back yard. You covered your mouth and gasped softly.

A romantic picnic had been set up on a large blanket lying on the soft grass, along with a couple of large, plush pillows. He had strung small, pale lights - that looked remarkably like little stars - from the trees. Soft and slow music playing from a tiny, old black stereo. It was so beautiful and thoughtful. Aidan gently took your hand and carefully led you to one pillow, then went inside. When he came back, he carried a large wicker basket carefully with one hand, and the other held two cups.

It felt as if your face had frozen in a perpetual state of blushing, as you watched him lay out the meal. The way his soft curly hair fell in his eyes and the careful expertise of his fingers as he placed everything just so on the blanket set your heart a flutter. However, your mind refused to focus.

I wonder if he's done this specific date, before. He seems very at ease and calm... almost like he has done this, before. Did he do this for all of his previous relationships? Does he do this for all of his first dates?! Oh, no...he might just be reusing his old moves and lines on me - the ones that he knows work, based on trial and error!

Aidan looked up at you and smiled, sharply snapping you back to reality. He sat down across from you and offered you a glass of a pale yellow liquid. You watched as he gently swirled the liquid around in his own glass, then smelled it, his face serious and refined as he took a sip. Is this wine, you thought. Wine wasn't exactly something you were an expert on, particularly how it should be aired - Is that the word? - and consumed. So, you copied him, trying your best to match his movements.

However, when you smelled the liquid, you snorted and giggled. "Lemonade?!" You asked him. His serious gaze melted into a grin as he giggled with you. "Yeah! I don't know what kind of alcohol you like, so I just went with something I've seen you drink, before!" He took another gulp of it, smacking his lips afterwards. "I must say, Martha, that this is a very good year." You took a drink of your beverage before commenting. "Oh yes, dear Reginald. I quite agree; very good year!"

You stared at each other with mock distinguished faces before breaking into fits of giggles, again. He shook his head and set his cup down, before he gestured to the plates that he had set out, with shiny silver covers to hide the contents. When you pulled your lid off, on the plate sat your favorite pizza. You looked up and smirked. He couldn't help but grin. "I hope the pie is to your liking, miss. I spent all day searching for the perfect ingredients for the meal."

"Are you trying to be the cutest guy ever?" He shrugged and shook his head. "No. I'm just a natural, I guess." You rolled your eyes and took a bite of your pizza. You paused and looked down at it, your cheeks stuffed with food. As you stared at the slice of pizza in your hand, tears filled your eyes, threatening to fall upon the crust. Aidan's face fell. "Y/N? Is something wrong? Is it bad?" You violently shook your head. When you finally found your voice again, it came out soft and reverent. "This is the best pizza I've ever tasted... Where did you find it?" Aidan relaxed and smiled. "I made it. I wasn't joking when I said I spent all day finding ingredients. I made the pizza before I left, then just kept it in the oven at low heat. Do you really like it?" You nodded, tears welling up in your eyes, as you took another bite of the delicious slice. Aidan blushed a bit, and took a bite of his own slice.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note:
What is more romantic than a homemade dinner under the stars? Not much! So, what happens next? Find out in Part 8!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! As always, constructive criticism is always welcome! I hope you have a great day and remember to be awesome to each other!