Epilouge three: Leilani

Leilani and Rhys in the mm

Leilani
Age: 17

I yawned and stared at the board, writing down the calculus problem.

Once I analyzed the problem, I quickly solved it and placed my pencil on my desk. "Does anyone have the answer?" Our teacher, Mrs. Gurney asked.

I raised my hand and she pointed to me. "X=81." She nodded and said correct as she solved it on the board.

I raised my hand once more and asked if I could go to the restroom.

She nodded and I left the class.

Halfway to the bathroom, I heard grunting and whimpering. I peeked the corner and saw 2 football jocks kicking a body in the corner.

I recognized them from seeing Hassani's team.

"Oi, what you do doing?" I called out and they looked at me.

"Oh hey, you're Hassani's sister right?"

"Yes. What are you doing." The blonde gestured me over and I gasped what lied before me.

A lanky boy was curled up in a ball afraid of the jocks. "You were beating him up?! For what!"

The blue eyed one shrugged. "We think he's gay—"

I stood up and kneed him so hard in his dick his eyes rolled back in his head before he fell to the ground.

That's what's fucking wrong with society. They're so afraid of different.

The blonde ruffled his hair before waltzing away leaving his friend on the floor.

"Hey, you ok?" I leaned down to help the boy. He sat up and wiped some of the blood off of his lip.

"I'm not gay..." he mumbled.

"I don't care. Let's get you to the nurse."

I helped him to his feet and wrapped an arm my shoulder. "What's your name?"

"Rhys." He whispered. He was at least 5 inches taller than me with a skinny frame. "Yours?"

"Leilani. Are you new here?"

He nodded as we reached the nurses door.

The nurse helped him onto a resting bed and he groaned in pain. "Why were they beating you up?" I ask.

"Well, 2 weeks ago, we were out in the courtyard and a wasp flew onto a jock. I was staring at the insect and one of his buddies screamed out, 'Hey, looks like theres a new fag in school!' and so, that's when it began." He sighed. As he was telling his story he seemed a bit shy which made it all the more sad.

I frowned and took his hand in mines. "Well, my uncle, who's also gay, tells me that 'The biggest Homophobes are the biggest homosexuals.'"

He smiled and the nurse comes back with some bandages and alcohol.

**The next day**

I was sitting at the lunch table with Juliet when I heard the lunch room become silent. Looking up, I saw that Rhys entered the lunchroom.

He grabbed an apple and was about to leave the room when I ran towards him and grabbed his hand. "Come sit with me." I said.

His face turned a light shade of pink as I lead him to my table and the whole cafeteria watched as we sat down together.

"Aren't you the boy they always pick on?" Juliet asked. He looked away and nodded.

"Well it's ok. They won't do it anymore now that Miss Popular is your friend." She grinned at me.