Chapter five

ANNABETH POV:

In my dream I saw the demigods all fighting titans and the wizards fighting these people dressed in black robes and skull masks. I was nervous about another war, I mean really, we just finished the war with Gaea. If Kronos comes back again I'm going to go coach hedge on his podex. I needed to focus on the present. Percy had said he had a surprise for me tonight. Contrary to what Leo may think, we had never gone farther than kissing. But I knew that was not what Percy meant by surprise. I went to my room and found a note on my bed.

"meet me on the front steps of the school at 7:00 tonight

- seaweed brain"

Okay then time to find an outfit.

PERCY POV:

I was in the underwater cave I found while taking a swim in the lake. Turns out the giant squid is very friendly. His name is Leroy. Anyway I asked Leroy if he knew any cool places in the lake and he showed me this cave. There is no water in it and the place is covered in crystals. I set up a picnic and a few candles that made the jewels sparkle. I went back to the surface and got into a dress shirt and dress pants. I went to the steps to wait for the love of my life.

ANNABETH POV:

I had put on a light blue dress and matching heels. My hair was in a fancy updoo and I had the earrings percy had given me, in my ears. I walked up to the steps and walked up beside Percy. We kissed and when we pulled apart I realized he was in a nice outfit and his usually messy hair was semi-neat. He took my hand and headed towards the lake. We walked in casually and he led me towards a cave. Suddenly we weren't in the water. We were in a cave made out of crystal and laid out on the floor was an amazing picnic! "Do you like it?" he asked his face showing only worry. "How do I not like this, it is beautiful" I told him. The candles lit up the jewels perfectly. "How did you even find this place?" I asked. "The giant squid told me" he said as if it was the most casual thing in the world. What had our lives come to? We ate the picnic and it was delicious we talked about our past and about all the wizards. We were just finishing our pumpkin pie (my favorite) when he slipped something out from his pocket. He got down on one knee "Annabeth I want to marry you, but seeing as right now it isn't legal for us to get married, this is a promise ring." The ring was beautiful. It was a silver band with green jewels and it had the words 'seaweed brain and wise girl' engraved on the inside. "Annabeth Minerva Chase, would you do me the honor of being my wife, when the time is right?" he asked and he looked really nervous. "Of course I will, you seaweed brain!" I said smiling like a maniac. We kissed and I realized that even if our lives were difficult I wouldn't want it any other way.

PERCY POV:

She said yes! I could possibly be the happiest man alive right now. We were still kissing and after what seemed like a millenia, we broke apart. Both smiling like crazy people, I took her hand and we went to the surface.