Chapter 7: True feelings

It was still the same day. Riley had just finished venting to her mom. After they talked, Topanga went downstairs to call Maya's mom, Katy. "Hello, Katy? This is Topanga. Is Maya there? if she is can you please send her here because there's something going on between her and Riley and both of them need to talk" Topanga said on the phone with Katy. "You know about it too?" Katy had a worried tone. "Yep... It's bad isn't it." Topanga stated. "Well, I'll send her there. If she comes home late, I'll understand why." Katy said. "Thank you Katy" Topanga then hanged up and waited for Maya.

   Later on, Topanga did some house work like do dishes, sweep the floor etc. while she was waiting for Maya. 10 minutes later, she heard someone knocking on her door. Topanga stopped what she was doing, and went to answer her door. When Topanga answered and opened the door it was Maya. "Hey, Maya I've been expecting you. So did Riley. Come in" Topanga said while welcoming Maya. "Thank you Mrs. Matthews. I am so sorry about everything I did to Riley. I know I made her cry I'm so sorry" Maya said with guilt on her face. "It's okay Maya. This is why I wanted you here. To talk to Riley about this. I don't want you guys not speaking to eachother about this." Topanga said. "Right I should go talk to her..." Maya said as she ran to Riley's room.

    When Maya arrived in front of Riley's bedroom door, she stared at her door thinking about what to say. Thinking straight for about 5 minutes. Maya finally entered her room without knocking. First thing Maya saw inside Riley's room was tissues, scattered around on the floor.  Then when she turned her face towards the Bay window she saw Riley sitting down staring at the floor not doing anything but just sitting there. Maya thought to herself, "she must have been thinking a lot lately.". When she approached Riley, Riley looked up to her. Maya then joined Riley at the bay window, it was awkward at first because they were just sitting down there not to eachother for about 5 minutes.

"Why didn't you tell me how you felt sooner?" Riley started but still wasn't looking at Maya.

Maya gulped. "Riley, I'm sorry. I thought that if I told you, I was worried about our friendship an-" Maya said and Riley cut her off. "Our friendship? Maya, our friendship is strong. Whatever you tell me, we'll still be best friends. You and I are inseparable. Nothing can come in between us." Riley said as she reached for Maya's hands and held it. "Riley... I know I should've told you sooner. Im sorry." Maya said. "It's okay Maya, I really understand. This is all my fault I shouldn't have had assumed about who you liked" Riley kept on talking and talking about how it was her fault.

Maya couldn't help it. She grabbed Riley by the face to make her stop talking. Maya leaned her face closer and closer to Riley's face from the point where they could feel eachother breath. Their lips were close to eachother but Riley pulled away quickly from Maya. Riley then stood up and headed to the other side of her bed to sit down. It was awkward and silent from then.

"R-riley, I-" Maya stuttered and cut herself off. "Maya... it's okay. Um." Riley said as she went back to sit with Maya. Riley changed the subject as soon as possible, but she was still in shocked after what Maya had just did. "You want to talk about your feelings to me now... Since I haven't heard it from you exactly?"

"Okay first of all, I'm sorry about what I just did. I wasn't thinking-" Maya said and Riley quickly cut her off by grabbing her chin and facing her head to herself so that she could look at her. "Hey it's okay." Riley said as she took off her hands off of Maya's chin. "O-o..Kay. So, you wanted to know how I feel... Well, back in 6th grade, almost at the end of 6th grade, I started to have feelings for you Riley. You know how puberty... started to kick in. I thought about how pretty and beautiful you were because my hormones kicked in as well. I felt so different when we started 7th grade year. I was still confused about my sexuality. But I decided not to give myself a label. And... Yeah, that's all I guess." Maya explained to Riley. Riley smiled at her and sighed in relief, she was glad that Maya finally told her. Riley just needed answers and she finally got them. "First of all. Thank you. Maya. For telling me this, I know it's hard for you. And thank you for thinking that I am beautiful" Riley paused and slightly chuckles, Maya smiled back. Riley then continued. "Second of all, I'm sorry I didn't felt the same thing for you" Riley said. "Riley no. Don't be sorry about that. It's not a problem." Maya said while giving a slight smile to Riley. "Okay, third. I might've had started to gain feelings for you too... since last night. When Farkle and Lucas came here to talk about how you felt I got confused about everything and didn't understand. But when I had thought about everything when I got to bed and when I talked to my mom earlier today, my true feelings about you kicked in." Riley said and Maya seemed to be happy when Riley said that her true feelings kicked in.

"Riley, what true feelings are you exactly talking about?" Maya confusingly asked Riley.

"What I meant by true feelings is that I might be having the same feelings like how you have feelings for me... Okay that was confusing to say. But what I'm trying to say is that I like you back" she answered Maya.

Maya sighed and chuckled with relief. She felt amazing.

Riley stood back up closing her eyes tightly.

"Maya... there's one problem though" Riley said to Maya as she turned around to face her. Maya frowned and thought to herself that it's going to be a bad problem.

"What's the problem?" Maya asked her. "Well, we now both know that we like eachother, or have feelings eachother" Riley said and paused, "where are you going with this Riley?" Maya asked as she stood up and walked to Riley.

" I know that you wanted to kiss me." Riley stated and Maya nodded signing her to continue.

"I don't want... Us doing that and dating yet." Riley said as she held Maya's hand. Maya slightly chuckles after. "Wha- what? What's so funny?" Riley asked. "I understand Riley and I'm sorry if I almost kissed you. I was so lost in your eyes... But, Pft.. I was really gonna ask you out but I guess I'm going too fast with this. So I understand Riley" Maya said and hugged Riley. Riley hugged back. The hug lasted for only about 5 seconds.

"So... I want to explore more about this feeling I'm feeling. It's new to me and I don't want to rush it" Riley said while pulling away from the hug. Maya nodded and gave her a slight smile.

After talking for hours. Riley said something important to Maya.

"Maya... while I'm still finding out about who I really am and how I'm  going to be trying to get  used to this feeling,  I want you to know that I still love you no matter what. It's not gonna change anything from between us. I hope you'll stay by my side while I try to figure out things, because I want you to be part of something that is really important to me and this is something important." Riley said as she held both of Maya's hand.

"Riley, you know I'm always gonna be here for you. Now that we both know how we feel about eachother, I know that our friendship will grow and grow even more because we'll be learning about new things too. I'll always be by yourside no matter what." Maya said to Riley.

"Okay good. Thank you peaches. And one more thing. I hope we're not gonna be awkward around eachother at times" Riley laughed after.

After all of that, Maya went home and couldn't get rid of a smile on her face. She was so happy. Even though she didn't get to kiss Riley (yet) -which she glad she didn't because she thought that she was rushing herself and Riley- Atleast she now knows that Riley likes her back. Riley was happy too, she fell asleep after thinking about what had happen today. Both girls were now satisfied about what they wanted to know.

___________________________

Important:

Now that Riley found out about her and Maya's deep feelings for eachother the next future chapters are going to be Riley exploring about her new self and how she will handle the fondness of liking her best friend, Maya. Maya will be there in her side along the way too. But there will be conflicts.

*a/n: excited for the future chapters I will be writing. Really really have great ideas. And some ideas will be taken from some episodes on GMW. But I will credit them!!!!! See you in the next chapter ;)*