Chapter 14: Am I even your bestfriend?

:)

Maya stayed up the whole night thinking about what Riley told her. She was still heartbroken. She cried a lot. She thought that she could have a chance with Riley but now all she can think about is that she's not going to.

It was 6 a.m in the morning and Katy was about to wake Maya up.

"Maya wa-" she got cut off when she already saw Maya awake, "Well you're awake" she smiles and Maya just nodded and gave a smile back at her.
"Well Maya, do you want to go to school today? But It's fine, you don't have to  because the doctor said"

"No Mom it's okay. I can go to school" Maya said with a soft smile.

"W-what? You actually want to go school" Katy said holding her laugh in while Maya glared at her.

"Okay okay. I'm gonna go to work now. Breakfast is set up for you at the kitchen counter". She then went to Maya to hug her bye. "Bye Honey. If something is hurting go to the health room"

"Okay, bye Mom" Maya said in a weak voice.

After that, Katy left for work then Maya got ready for school.

Riley wasn't feeling it today. She felt really bad for Maya. Right now, all she wanted to do is to apologize and talk it out more with her, but she knows she can't do that... yet. She still wants to give Maya some space.

"Mom, where's Dad?" Riley asked Topanga as she walked in to their kitchen.

"He's already downstairs waiting for you" Topanga said while doing the dishes.

Riley sighs loud, "I don't want to go to school today" she whines.

"Nope, you are going to school and you're already dressed for school anyways. And It's a good benefit for you because you need those A's so we can beat Minkus and Farkle" Topanga said confidently.

"Fine" she groaned.

(Arriving at school)

"Hey Riley" Lucas and Farkle greeted her in unison. As soon as she heard them, she closed her locker door.

"Hey guys" she greeted back while turning around to face them.

"So..." Lucas said

"So what?" Riley questioned

"Did you tell her? Last night?"

"I'd rather not talk about it" she said and then walked away to go to History class.

Farkle and Lucas looked at eachother in confusion and soon followed Riley to her desk.

"What happened Riley?" Farkle asked her worriedly.

Before Riley could answer, she saw Maya walk in. She then sat in her seat ignoring her three friends.

"Oh" Farkle knew what happened by just looking at Maya's expressions.

The bell had rang for first period  making everyone in the classroom sit down in their seats.

(Skip to Art Class)

"Ugh, I can't anymore" Riley paused and threw the paint brush on the desk she was sharing with Maya, "Maya talk to me"