×4×

My eyes shoot open when three blatant bangs make their way to my ears. The ceiling of my cell is the first thing that I see and a shooters voice repeatedly saying 'wake up' is the first thing I hear.

For a split second I became panicked, not knowing where I was, why I wasn't at home in my room, but then everything started to flood it's way back into my head.

I close my eyes, taking in a few deep breaths before sitting up and walking over to the cell door. There's a shooter going around banging on everyone's cell to wake them up.

I feel like a need to puke, like there's something stuck in my throat and it needs to come out. The stitches on my head are sore, the numbing medicine has worn off since last night.

As I put on my shoes I hear chatter starting to rise in volume from out in the halls, but I can't make out what they're saying. There is too many voices.

I hesitantly slide open the door and walk out, a little confused as to why it isn't locked.

My body is still considerably sore, but I have to be grateful for the antibiotics that Harold had given me. My pain level has gone down at least two notches since I've been brought here.

Everyone is walking down the stairs, and when I look over the railing I can see people sitting at tables with trays of food in front of them.

My stomach automatically growls from seeing this and I suddenly realize how hungry I am. It's been a whole two days since I've ate a full meal.

I walk down the stairs, taking each step carefully. I can smell the food invade my nostrils, the scent making my head feel light.

I can hear everyone talk about the food, how they also haven't ate in a whole day or so. This had to be the cafeteria, with the tables and the line of people waiting to get their tray of food.

The line isn't that long now since I woke up later than everyone else, but there is still a few people in front of me as I step into it.

"Thank you." The girl in front of me whispers to the man behind the window, handing her a tray with food on it. I step in front of the window and the man hands me a tray with the same things on it. Something wrapped in foil, a styrofoam bowl of vegetables and a miniature pack of saltine crackers. My stomach growls lowly again and I grab it from his hand and walk away.

All of the tables are filled and I see some girls sitting on the floor eating their meals there. Can we eat in our cells?

"Hi." I turn around at the sound of a high pitched voice. A girl with a pixie haircut stands before me and she's smiling, which makes me confused. Why would she be smiling? Is she oblivious to the fact that we were all kidnapped?

"Hey," I say back, my voice sounding dry and my throat sore. I look at her neck and the flesh there is bruised and purple. "What happened to your neck?" I ask.

She touches her neck with her fingers and looks at my forehead. "What happened to your head?" I smile sadly, realizing what she is trying to do. One of the men had done that to her.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Halie." She smiles again. "What's yours?"

"Blair, my name's Blair. Where is your tray, did you get one?" I ask, seeing that she doesn't have a tray with her.

"It's in my cell, I don't know if we're allowed to eat in our cells, but no one stopped me so I took it up there." She shrugs her shoulders. "Would you like to come and eat with me?" She asks politely and I smile at her.

"Sure," I say to her and she turns around, walking up the stairs and leads me to her cell as I follow behind her. Her cell is only a few cells down from mine and when we walk inside I see her tray of food sitting on her bed half-eaten.