×11×

I couldn't fall back asleep, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how long I closed my eyes or tried blocking out the sound of music playing lowly on the radio. I just kept my eyes shut, wishing I would fall asleep, for the atmosphere that fell upon me and Harry after what he had said grew unbearably uncomfortable for me.

I don't know how long it has been, how many hours has passed since we left that gas station. The chips i had eaten filled me up enough to satisfy my hunger but only by a little. I can feel my stomach start to tumble again, growling like two dogs in a fighting pin.

I feel the car come to a stop, the air so quiet that the low squeak of the frame sounded like a scream in my ears.

I open my eyes, the sky that was a bright blue hours ago was now pitch black, stars sprinkled here and there.

I felt a firm touch on my shoulder, knowing it was Harry. I could feel the goosebumps rise on my skin as the electric current from his touch passed through me.

"Blair, wake up." His voice sounded deeper than usual, almost groggy and slurred.

I moved, stretching my arms as I turned towards him, pretending I had just awoken. I sat up, looking out the window. '24 hour Motel'. The words lit up in fluorescent lighting and right below read the words 'office'.

"What time is it?" I ask, looking at Harry. 

He pulls something out of his pocket, his phone. The screen lights up to the touch of his fingers on the home button, displaying the time at the top in white numbers.

"Ten till twelve, let's go check in." He says, opening the door and getting out. I open the door, stepping out and following after him into the office.

"Hi, how many rooms?" A girl, seeming to be in her twenties maybe smiles at Harry, obviously too excited for it being twelve in the morning. Her blonde hair is pulled into a messy bun but it goes with her choice of clothing.

"Uh, one room with two beds, please." He says calmly. She looks at me, her eyes raking down my body and I move ever so slightly behind Harry feeling embarrassed.

"How many nights?" She looks at Harry, smiling at him with a pearly set of fine straightened teeth.

"I'll check out the day I check out, thanks." He dismisses her question and she looked surprised at his change in tone. She reaches behind her and grabs a set of keys off of a board hanging on the wall.

"Room 53, its upstairs. We don't do breakfast, lunch or dinner, you bring your own food. There's vending machines around every corner, help yourself and enjoy your stay." She smiles to the both of us this time and Harry grabs the keys from her small hands and we walk out.

"I need my bags." He says, walking to the jeep, opening up the back door and grabbing two big duffle bags, shutting the door with his foot.

"Can you grab my keys, they're in my front pocket, I need you to lock the doors." He says with a huff.

My eyes widen and I immediately look to where he said the keys were. "I-I'm not sticking my hand-"

"Blair, just grab my fucking keys, for christs sake." He curses and I shake my head no. "Damn it!" He growls as he sets both heavy bags on the ground besides him, fishing out his keys and locks the doors to the jeep.

He picks up the bags again with a huff and mumbles a word under his breath. I stay quiet, I wasn't going to reach in his pants with my hands that close to his crotch.

"Let's go." He says, starting up a set of stairs and I follow after him, watching every step he took in front of me until we reached the top where he let out a loud grunt.