×9×

"Stay quiet and don't move." Harold says to me as he drives through the gates. I keep quiet and still under the coarse blanket he told me to lie underneath in the back seat. The roughness of it starting to rub my skin raw.

I find the atmosphere in the ample vehicle slightly uncomfortable, having the conversation in his office and all but I can't help the fractious heart beats coming from my chest as I hear the gates closing behind us. The eerie creak as the two large structures close together at once, a sound off of a horror film or of somewhat.

We're out of the camp. I'm actually out of the camp. A feeling in my stomach makes a smile spread across my face. A feeling of liberation, but my sister is still in there, and im not free until we are both out of here.

"You can uncover, they can't see you now." Harold says.

I remove the heavy blanket from my body and sit up, looking out the back glass window and seeing the camp gates grow more faint as we drive away.

"I'm out." The words left my lips in an awed breath. I look out all the windows this time, realizing that the camp is surrounded by nothing but dirt and shrubs. No paves roads, no other buildings, nothing. As i stare into the windshield i could see fumes in the distance from the swealtering heat of the desert.

I look at Harold, his hands gripping the stirring wheel tightly as his eyes focus on the dirt trail ahead of us.

"Do you have food?" I ask. He turns his head ever so slightly to give me a breif look.

"No." He says flatly. I can feel my stomach begging for food, the rumbles and growls erupting from my body making me feel nauseous.

"Can you turn the A.C on, please?" I ask, taking acknowledgement of the sweat seeping through my clothes.

"It is on, the vents don't work in the back." He says. I shift my position and bite my tongue, trying to find a spot where the air blows on my face.

"Can I sit in the front with you?" I ask hesitantly. He lets out a sigh and raises his hand.

"If you wish." He says tightly.

I crawl over the console and into the cold leather seat, sitting up close to the vents and letting them cool me off as i relax.

"I have some clothes in one of my duffle bags in the back that you can change into when we stop somewhere, you can't be wearing your uniform when we're around pedestrians." He speaks as he looks at my clothes.

"Where are we going?"

"Right now, a gas station." He says.

"For food?" I ask and he lets another sigh. "I'm hungry. I'm sorry that you men get to eat anytime you want and that us girls are practically being starved." I rant.

"You aren't being starved." He made a face but kept his eyes ahead of him.

"Are you defending them?" I asked hysterically.

"No, I'm not defending them. I'm stating the facts, you are not being stareved. The girls eat, it may not be a lot but its food at the least." He says. "And yes, to answer your question we can get food there if You're hungry."

I stay quiet for a second, letting a moment of silence pass by before i speak. "Thank you."

He turns to look at me, his hair flopping around from the air blowing on him and nods his head before looking away from me. "You're welcome."

His lips are pressed in a flat line as he drives, his face hard and emotionless.

"You said i cant be seen in my uniform, but stopping somewhere to change out of them means im gonna be seen wearing them." I say, the thought suddenly running through my head.

His eyes shift, obviously taking in what i said. "I'm sure you wouldn't want to change in the vehicle, so i wasn't going to offer that option to you." He says to me.

His fingers flex around the stirring wheel, catching my attention and i stare at his hands. How can someone have attractive hands? Is that even a thing?

"You'll be fine changing in the store's restroom." He lets out a low huff and turns the radio on, keeping the volume low.

I lean back and close my eyes again, eventually falling into a nap.

Okay okay okay short chapter I know I'm sorry but I have something to say that I'm excited about holy crap

Who wants a Harry P.O.V in the next chapter??? That's right!

And sorry again for this boring short chapter:(