Chapter 1

"Let's go you have a visitor" my security guard Mason said as he opened my cell. "Thanks Mason how's your wife?" I asked as we walked to the main room. "She's good" he said and smiled. "That's good bye Mason" "bye Haley" he said and waved.

Me and Mason have been friends since the first time I've been to juvie. Yes I've been here more than once. 4 times to be exact. First 2 times were for stealing these last 2 time were because I snuck out. I know stupid right?

"Haley someone wants to interview you back at the orphanage so let's go do you have your things?" I shook my head no and went to the front desk. "Can I have my backpack?" I asked Marie. "Here you go sweetie" she said and handed me my backpack that had my outfit and some money.

"Let me change out of this jumpsuit and we can go" I told Maggie my social worker. "Ok but hurry up" she said.

I went into the changing room and changed into my black skinny jeans, Black Veil Brides shirt and put on my bracelets.

"Ok let's go" I said and walked outside. We got in the car and the whole drive was silent.

When we got there Maggie pulled me into the interview room. "Ok you have ten minuets I'll be back after that" Maggie said and left the room.

"How old are you?" A guy that was tall with stubble for a beard and brown eyes asked as he looked me up and down. He looked really familiar.

"You don't remember me Haley? Well that's a shame because I remember you" he said and laughed. I though for a moment then remembered, he Jacob my dads old friend. I hate him so much. Fuck this he's not adopting me. I stood up and walked out the door.

"Haley get back in there the interview isn't over you still have 8 minuets" Maggie said as she pulled me into the room. "No I'm not getting adopted by him!" I yelled got out of her grip and ran to my room.

I locked my door and put on music. Remembering Sunday by ATL came on and I laid in my bed starring at the ceiling.

I'm not an average girl. I'm a girl that gets bullied and has issues. I listen to music that isn't socially expectable. I have ADHD, trust issues, depression, I'm a cutter, I'm anorexic I also have both social and normal anxiety so most people don't want to deal with me.

I've only been adopted once and this was by a guy who would abuse me in every possible way.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Yes?" I asked. "Open the door right now!" Maggie shouted. "Ok" I said and opened the door. She came in then sat at the edge of my worthless excuse for a bed.

"Tomorrow a group of guys are coming to adopt as a charity so I'm gonna get you up earlier than the others ok? Maybe then you'll actually have a chance and you won't bother me" She said. "Do the others know about them coming?" I asked with no emotion. "Yes I'm telling you now because you were in juvie when I announced it" she said and stood up. "Ok well can you lock the door on the way out?" She sighed and walked out.

I continued to listen by music. The song on is Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco. I sang along quietly because I didn't want anyone to hear me.

I soon found myself falling asleep to Cancer by MCR.

~the next day

"Haley.....Haley....HALEY! GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP!" Maggie yelled. "Ok I'm up!" I said and sat up in my "bed". "Go take a shower before everyone else" Maggie said and left the room.

I picked out an ATL shirt with black skinny jeans and took them to the bathroom that everyone in the 10-18 age range had to share.

I took my shower then brushed my teeth. I got dressed an went back to my room. "7:30 it's so early!" I complained. I put on my eyeliner and my beanie then put on some music.

" oh baby your a classic like a little black dress" I sang to myself as the intercom came on "all children ages 10-18 please report to the main room" Maggie said.

I sighed then put on the bracelets needed to cover my cuts. I walked out and Justin pushed me to the floor. "Where do you think your going slut?!" He said as he walked away. I stood up and dusted myself off.

When I got to the main room everyone was trying to be up in front. Well everyone except me, I sat in the back and looked out the window.

"Ok guys this is a band called Fall Out Boy and they are here for the charity event" Maggie said. "How about you boys introduce yourselves?" Maggie said to them. I love Fall Out Boy but I know they would never adopt me so I'm staying back here.

"I'm Patrick Stump, I'm Pete Wentz, I'm Andy Hurly, and I'm Joe Trohman, were in Fall Out Boy" they all introduced themselves but Patrick said the last part. I smiled at the mention of Fall Out Boy.

"Um Joe your the one who needs to pick right?" Pete whispered a little too loud in Joes ear. Good job Pete.

"Ok well how about you talk to some people and let me know when your ready to go" Maggie said to the guys.

Everyone started to go up to Joe but I stayed looking out the window watching the cars go by.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked from behind me. "Watching the cars pass by" I said not looking back. "How come your not with the others trying to get adopted do you not want to?" The person asked.

"It's not that I don't want to get adopted its just there's so many people over there and I don't want bother anyone" I said as I watched a person walk by with there dogs. "I highly doubt your a bother to anyone" i just shrugged.

"I'm gonna go to my room" I said and stood up not looking at the person. "Mind if I join?" I shrugged and walked to my room. I still haven't looked to see who it was.

I unlocked my room and sat on my bed. "Why do you lock your room?" This person asked. I laid on my bed then said "I like to have my own privacy." I sat up and saw that Patrick Stump was in my room. "I just realized who you were" I said and he laughed a little.

"Do you play any instruments?" He asked looking around my room. "Um yeah I play guitar and piano" I said and showed him my guitar.

"This is a nice guitar what songs do you know?" He asked. "I can play songs from the bands BVB, ATL, TØP, FOB, MCR, and P!ATD" I said and put my guitar on my bed. "You can sit down if you want" he sat on my bed and said "what's your favorite to play on here?" I smiled and said "Remembering Sunday by All Time Low."

"Can you play it for me" he asked. "Sure but I can't sing" "ok I'll sing it then" he said and I picked up my guitar.

I got my fingers in position then started to play. My fingers warmed up fast and I slowly let the music take over while Patrick sang.

When the song was over I heard clapping. "That was amazing but we have to go Patrick" Pete said as he stood in the door. I put my guitar down and Patrick stood up.

"It was great hanging out with you" Patrick said and hugged me. I was stiff but soon hugged him back. "Bye Patrick" I said as he walked out. "Bye-" "Haley" "bye Halo" "it's-" "I know" he said then left. I closed and locked my door then sat on my bed.

I smiled and started to play Missing You by ATL. I also sang it. I loved hanging out with Patrick.

I finished the song and put my guitar away. Someone knocked on my door so I got up and opened it. "Yes?" "Time for bed" Maggie said then walked away.

I put on pjs and put on music. Perfect Weapon came on and I fell asleep.