Chapter 5

"HALO WAKE UP!!!" Pete screamed and jumped on my bed. I opened my eyes then grabbed my pillow and smacked him. "You wanna go?" He asked and grabbed a pillow. "Bring *yawn* it" I said and jumped out of bed.

Pete hit me with a pillow then ran downstairs. I ran after him into the living room. I tackled him and hit him multiple times with the pillow. He pushed me off then hit me with a pillow.

I hit him back and ran. He chased after me and I ran outside holding the pillow. Pete followed as we ran down the street. "HALO!!" Pete screamed. "PETE!" I yelled back.

I wasn't looking where I was going and tripped luckily there was a pillow to stop me from landing on the hard concrete. "You okay there?" Someone asked and held a hand out. I took the hand and stood up.

"Yeah thanks" I said and looked up to see a boy with beautiful blue eyes and black hair that covered a piece of his eye.

"HALO HURRY OR ILL HIT YOU WITH THIS PILLOW!!" Pete screamed. "OK OK IM GOING!!" I Yelled then looked at Pete. I looked back to talk to this boy but he was gone.

"I'm here now" I said as I hit him with my pillow. He hit me back and ran inside. I ran after him then ran into Joe. "I'm so sorry Joe" I said and he laughed. "It's ok but theres food ready" I smiled and he helped me up. "Thanks Joe" I said and walked into the kitchen.

I sat at the island and Patrick slid a plate with two pancakes and one piece of bacon on it in front of me. "Thanks Patrick" I said and smiled. "Your welcome" he said as he poured orange juice in a cup.

I finished eating my pancakes and Patrick gave me the orange juice. I drank half of it then ate the bacon. I drank the rest of my juice and felt full.

I washed my dishes then put them away. "Halo come into the living room" Andy said so I walked into the living room.

Everyone was in there and so was a lady. "Um girls this is our friend Jessica you will be going with her to get you girly stuff so you might want to get dressed" Patrick said.

"Jessica this is Halo, Karen, Lainey, an Rebeca" Patrick said pointing to each of us. "Ok girls go get ready" Patrick said so we all went to our rooms to get dressed.

I put on a Fall Out Boy shirt with black skinny jeans and my black converse then brushed my hair and put on my bracelets.

I walked downstairs and sat next to Patrick. They were waiting for Karen to be done. I don't have to go so I just sat there. Karen walked downstairs so Lainey, Rebeca, and Jessica started to walk to the door.

"Halo you need your girl items" Patrick said so I laughed at him. He looked really uncomfortable with this subject. "Patrick you don't ever have to worry about that with me I can't because of my birth defect" I said and he looked puzzled.

"Patrick I can't have Luci's waterfall, also that's why my eyes are violet" I said and he nodded. "Wait those arn't contacts?" Andy said. I shook my head no. "This is my natural eye color" I said and they all looked at my eyes.

"Do I still have to go?" I asked Patrick. He shook his head no and the girls left. "Hey Pete can you play with me?" I asked and he smiled. "Your 13" he said. "I know how old I am play on the trampoline with me please" I said so he stood up.

"Ok but only for a little" he said and started walking outside. "Yay!" I yelled and ran outside.

I took off my shoes and started jumping. Pete did too and it was fun.

"So how do you like it here?" Pete asked. "It's great I couldn't be happier" I said and smiled.

I laid down in the middle of trampoline while Pete jumped around. Pete then jumped right next to me and I went flying in the air. When I got down Pete was laughing his head off.