Chapter 9

I woke up and saw Axel still asleep. He's really warm I'm glad he stayed with me. I yawned ad he woke up. "Good morning Halo" he said and got out of bed carful not to hurt me. "Morning" I said and he walked over to the corner of the room. He walked back over and handed me my backpack.

"Thank you" I said and he nodded. I grabbed my phone and saw 327 missed calls and 1460 texted messages. I sighed and checked the time. 6:00 in the morning.

I slowly got out of bed as used the wall as support. "What are you doing?" Axel asked and walked over to help me. "Trying to get my pants on" I said and he chuckled. "What so funny?" I asked and he grabbed my pants and handed them to me. "Do you need help?" He asked. I nodded and blushed then he helped me get them on. It was very weird.

I sat back down on the bed and he grabbed my shoes. "I'll put them on you" he said and untied my converse. He slipped them on me and tied them.

"Thank Axel" I said as smiled. "No problem he said and I looked at his face. He had cuts and bruises on his face an his arms.

"Axel what happened to you?" I asked and he looked at me. "Um nothing" he said and stood up. "Axel you can tell me I promise I won't judge" I said and he sighed. He sat next to me and looked me in the eyes. "I can't tell you I'm sorry" he said and checked the time.

"AXEL YOU BETTER BE UP OR YOUR GONNA GET ANOTHER BEATING!!" Someone yelled. It sounded like a guy's voice. "Axel your dad abuses you doesn't he?" I asked and looked at him. He looked at me the floor then in my eyes. He nodded and stood up.

That made my heart hurt. "I know how you feel" I said and attempted to stand but failed and landed in Axels arms. "You did that on peep ode didn't you" he said and smiled. "Maybe I did and maybe I didn't" I said and smiled.

"Ok well let's get you home" he said and I grabbed my stuff. He picked my up bridle style and I blushed. He looked down at me and me and smiled. I yawned and cuddled into him. "You can sleep if you want and I'll wake you up when we get to you house" he said and smiled. I blushed more and closed my eyes. "Thanks for everything Axel" "no problem love" was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

~~

"Halo.. Halo wake up" someone said so I opened my eyes and saw Axel. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Your home" he said and walked up some stairs. I looked up and saw my house. I missed this place.

"I'm going put you down so lean on my ok?" He said and I nodded. He carefully put me down and I leaned on him. He knocked in the door and Rebeca answered. She looked like she had been crying.

"HALO!" She screamed and in a flash Patrick was at the door. "Oh my god Halo where were you and who are you?" Patrick asked Axel. "This is my friend Axel he helped me and I slept at his place" I said half asleep.

"Halo come inside right now and explain" Patrick said ad moved from the door. I looked at Axel and he picked me up. He carried me inside as put me in the couch.

He stood up to leave but I grabbed his hand. "Please stay with me Axel" I said and he looked at Patrick. "It's not up to me Halo" he said so I looked at Patrick. "Please" I said and gave him puppy dog eyes. He looked at me then Axel. "Fine" he said and walked over.

"Ok explain" he said so I sat up and felt pain in my stomach. "Ow fuck" I said and Axel pushed me down. "Halo you need to lay down or you stitches will open" he said then sat next to me.

"Stitches what stitches?" Joe asked and everyone walked into the living room. "This girl cut my arm, stomach, leg, and shoulder so Axel found me and stitched my wounds then let me stay at his place for the night. In the morning he brought me here" I said and everyone looked pissed.

"Halo who did that to you?" Pete asked. "Jasmine" Axel sad before I could answer. "Well I'm gonna have a talk with the principle you need sleep. Pete can you take her to her room please?" Patrick said and stood up.

"I'll take her" Axel said and picked me up. My sisters followed and Axel laid me on my bed. "Thanks Axel, if you need anything just ask ok?" I said and he smiled then nodded.

He pulled a phone out of his pocket and checked the time. "Halo I have to go but I'll um see you at school.... bye, also check you contacts later" he said an whispered the last part in my ear.

"Bye Axel" I said and he walked out. The girls came and sat on my bed. "Halo we were so worried why didn't you text us or something?" Karen asked. "I would have but I didn't have my phone an I was asleep the whole time" I said and she nodded.

"Family lay in bed with me" I said ad they giggled the got under the covers with me. "So you and Axel huh" Lainey said and laughed. "We're friends" I said and blushed. "Then why are you blushing?" Rebeca asked. I blushed even more the said "how about we just watch a movie?"

They all agreed and Karen put on Despicable Me. About half way through the movie I fell asleep.

~~

I woke up and grabbed my phone. 2:15. Well then, I'm bored maybe Pete
will hang out with me. I texted Pete 'PETE! Help I'm bored'. He sent back 'be right there' an the next second I heard a kick in the door.

"Come in" I said and Pete walked in. "That was fast" I said and laughed at him. He came over and sat in my bed. "So um what do you want do?" He asked. "Not be in bed let's go downstairs" I said then sat up. It hurt but I stayed silent.

"Um didn't Axel say to stay in bed?" Pete said and I looked at him. "Pete I'm gonna die here I'm going downstairs" I said and stood up. That also hurt but who cares. I looked in my mirror to see how horrible I looked and I didn't look to bad. Then I noticed stitches in my face.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed my beanie. I pulled it over my cut and walked downstairs. I turned at Pete was right behind me. I walked o Ed to the couch and laid down. "Why is life so boring Pete?" I asked and he sat down next to me. "I don't know but you can play the Xbox" he said and grabbed a controller.

I gratefully took it and he turned on the tv. I played Batman for about a hour before Patrick walked in.

"Hey Halo you hungry?" He asked. I shook my head no and he frowned. "But can you please bring me a Gatorade?" I asked and he nodded. He went and grabbed me a red one the sat where Pete was. Pete went upstairs he got bored down here.

"So Halo in an hour you have a doctors appointment so they can check your wounds and I talked to your principal and um Jasmine is going to jail for having a knife on her at school and using it" he said and checked something on his phone.

"Can you play Mortal Combat vs DC Universe with me please" I asked Patrick. "Ask one of your sisters I suck at that game" Patrick said and smiled. "You asked them I left my phone in my room" I said and smiled. He nodded and walked upstairs.

About two minuets later Lainey walked downstairs. "Hey Halo" she said and grabbed a controller. I played as Batman she played as Joker. I won the first round then her the next an we just kept going back and forth it was fun.