Chapter 1

AN: So I am just going to post this first chapter and see how it goes from there. Just a heads up that there is no Nancy because I didn't want to cause so much drama. I want to focus mainly on Greg and Kaylee's relationship and the funny times throughout the film and beyond.

It seems every year, no matter what grade I leave, the last day of school seems to go by so slow. And I know it’s because I so desperately want the summer to start and not have to worry about homework, class assignments, group projects or stupid tests that are worth ninety percent of my overall grade…I don’t mean to brag but I aced my finals and get to enjoy a school free three months with my family.

I groaned as my mother walked into my room and threw back my covers “Up and at ‘em sweetheart! Today’s the last day of school!”

I groaned again when she drawn the shades and sunlight came in through the room “It’s too early,” I muttered lifting the covers above my head. Mom pulled them back down and laughed.

“Look at it this way hun,” she said “the sooner you get up, the sooner school will be over and you can spend it with Greg,” she sang the last part knowing Greg was my weakness…he always has been.

“Fine,” I pulled myself up out of bed and made way to my bathroom to take a shower. As soon as I was out, I walked over to my closet and threw on my jean shorts and a white tank top with my blue plaid shirt over it and tied it around my waist. I put in my stud earrings that Greg gave me for my fifteenth birthday and a black pair of the many converse sneakers I owned. I curled my hair slightly making it fall in waves around my shoulders. Thinking I looked decent enough, I grabbed my cell phone made my way downstairs and put my remaining books in my backpack.

Dad was sitting at the island drinking his morning coffee “Morning Kay,” he greeted “ready for your last day of school?”

Sitting down next to him as mom placed a plate of pancakes in front of me; I smiled and thanked her before saying “I’ve been ready since school started.”

Dad chuckled before kissing my forehead and then placing his dirty dishes in the sink “Well I must be off. Lots of clients I need to attend to before the summer starts. Then I’ll have three whole months to be with you guys.”

Before dad left, my cell phone went off and I smiled. My mom chuckled “Is that Greg?”

Rolling my eyes I said “Oh shush,”

Both of my parents hurried out of the kitchen when I answered my phone “Hello?”

“Hey babe,” My heart started beating wildly in my chest at his deep voice. Over the past three years, Greg hit puberty in all the right places. He became tall, his voice got, might I say, sexier, and somehow, as if he learned, how to become a better kisser. Sometimes he uses his tongue…but we’ve never gone farther than kissing. I’m too scared to let it go farther. But I’m sure when the time is right I’d want Greg to be my first.

“Babe, you there?”

I shook my head and smiled, the butterflies swirling around in my stomach “Oh, yeah, sorry. I was just lost in the clouds for a moment there. What’s up?”

Greg chuckled and I blushed even harder. Even after being together for three years, he still makes me go crazy.

“Before your little moment, I was going to tell you the events of what happened just a few minutes ago before I called you.”

“Please tell me you’re not gonna go through your morning routine with me Greg…” I started but he cut me off.

“No, no, no. This morning was crazy Kay! A deer ran through our house!”