Chapter 4

AN: Honestly the party scene was so much fun to write. This is one of my all time Adam Sandler movies.

Charlotte gasped “No way!” She beamed “Since when?”

“Since earlier today when I surprised him at the Ice Cream House,” I told her. Charlotte’s eyes pleaded for more and I relented “It’s just every time he’s around or near me my stomach gets all twisted and I feel like I’m gonna puke. But at the same time he makes me blush, my hands get all sweaty and I can’t help stare like a freaking idiot.”

“You’re so in love with this boy!” Charlotte smiled “Can I be your maid of honor at your wedding?”

“Sure Charlotte,” I muttered sarcastically “Whatever you want.”

“Yay,” she squealed and I rolled my eyes “So, you should tell him how you feel before it’s too late.”

“But what if he doesn’t feel the same? Then I’ve ruined three years of our relationship.”

Charlotte smirked “You never know until you try.”

I was about to say something else when someone yelled from behind us “Look who was in the neighborhood! Some of Lenny’s friends from the old J.Geils Band!”

The band started playing, what I knew was my mom and dad’s favorite song, Centerfold and I bobbed my head back and forth to the music. Charlotte ended up dancing with me and we ended up making complete fools of ourselves. The band was set up by the pool house and we both weaseled our way into the crowd to get up front. Charlotte split from me to get a better view.

Andre walked over to me “This party is awesome!”

“I know! Who knew Mr. Feder knew the J. Geils Band?!”

Andre smirked “I’m surprised you even know who they are!” he yelled over the music. I just rolled my eyes before swinging my hips to the music.

You knew the party was getting out of hand when a police officer is on top of the pool house screaming “I am the law!” all while skating down the roof, shooting off his gun and then belly flopping into the pool below. I’ll admit it was one of the greatest highlights of the night so far.

Everyone cheered as he came up from the water. Another police officer was on the diving board and tried to jump in but it broke from his weight. I couldn’t help but laugh my head off as Uncle Marcus was talking to ‘Big Man’.

The party continued as Andre spun me around and when I stopped I noticed Greg walking down the steps, his eyes trained on me with his Risky Business sunglasses on the tip of his nose. I smiled at Greg, waved then blew him a kiss. He tripped over the wire and the music stopped…well the music did but Charlotte kept singing. And she was amazing!

I approached Greg who looked really embarrassed and I kissed him “Nice costume,” I said roaming my eyes up and down his body.

“Are you checking me out?” Greg wrapped his arms around me as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“So what if I am?” I flirted “What are you gonna do about it?”

“Absolutely nothing,” he flirted back “but it gives me a reason to check you out.” Greg looked me up and down, his sunglasses still perched on his nose “And all I have to say is hootchie mama,” I smiled remembering the first day we got together and he was checking Jasmine out.

Greg leaned in and kissed me while his hands tightened around me. We pulled away when we heard yelling coming from behind us. We walked and in hand over to the circle that was forming “Is that your dad?” I asked Greg as we got closer.