Chapter 13

Sara paced my room from my bedroom door to my open window on the other side of the room. She constantly ran her hands through her hair and sighed multiple times as she did so. I watched her carefully in case she decided to bail on this double date we had with Andre and Greg tonight.

“Would you stop pacing, you’re going to make a hole in the floor.”

“Sorry,” she muttered collapsing on the bed “I’m just so nervous. I’ve liked Andre since freshman year and now I’m going on a date with him! What if I mess this up? What if he finds me to be an idiot and never want to see me again?! Oh my god! What if I trip or…”

“Sara! Calm down okay?” I told her “You’re overthinking this date. All you have to do tonight is be yourself, okay? Andre’s not the shallow type.”

Sara sighed “Okay, I’m cool; let’s just pick out our outfits for tonight. I want to take Andre’s breath away.”

Just then my phone beeped. It was a text from Greg:

I’m having trouble calming Andre down but we’re almost ready to leave my place. You guys ready yet?

I sighed “Greg and Andre are done. We need to get ready, like, right now.”

I typed back:

Could you guys give us another half hour? Andre’s not the only one freaking out.

Greg texted me back quickly:

And I’m guessing it’s Sara freaking out, am I right? Anyway call me when you’re ready. I love you.

I smiled before I was pulled back into reality and soon clothes were being thrown on the floor, bed, and desk. Sara ended up choosing a black baby doll dress with lace for the top and black pumps. I ended up picking out a dark navy blue baby doll dress with lace formed into a flower pattern above the bust. All this complete with open toed shoes with bows in the back of the heel. I felt really pretty as I twirled in front of the mirror. I felt like a princess.

I texted Greg back telling them that we were finished getting ready and he said they would be out front in a couple of minutes. Sara started pacing again which kind of made me dizzy.

“Seriously would you stop? Your pacing is making me nervous…and I’ve been on a date with Greg before so I shouldn’t be nervous.”

The doorbell rang and Sara jumped “Don’t worry,” I soothed “Everything will be fine.”

On the other side of the door was a smiling Greg. I couldn’t help but blush when I saw him checking me out from head to toe “You look stunning baby.”

“Thank you,” I replied before turning my attention to Andre who was dressed nicely in a dress shirt and pants, bouncing on his toes nervously.

“You clean up well Andre,” I told him “Let me go get Sara. She’s been pacing in my living room for the past couple of minutes.”

Sara finally joined us and I wrapped my arms around Greg as we both watch our friends nervously comment on each other’s attire. I cooed when Andre held out his arm for Sara to take. It was an unusually cold day for summer so I huddled close to Greg’s body as the wind picked up. We walked down the sidewalk and past our creepy school. It was a habit of mine to get a quick glance at the couple and each time I did, Sara was always under Andre’s arm.

“So far so good,” I whispered in Greg’s ear “Did you have a hard time calming Andre down?”

Greg chuckled “Are you kidding me? I think he went through three sticks of deodorant and took two showers from how nervous he was. He looks pretty calm right now though.”

“So where are you two taking us?” Sara spoke up and I looked at my boyfriend expectantly “Nothing too expensive I hope.”

“You’ll see,” Andre said and we continued to walk a ways downtown.

We stopped by our town’s small café that usually closed around five. I ended up being confused when the guys pulled us into the shop. Sara and I walked over to one of the chairs by the mini stage where they held poetry sessions on Monday nights but we were pulled away by our respective dates to the back door of the café.

“We’re not eating here?” I asked.

“Nope,” Greg said “You’ll see.”

Andre pushed the backdoor open and both Sara and I gasped at the sight. We were in a huge rose garden surrounded by twinkling lights. The rose bushes made a circle around a small picnic table. Two small candles were placed in the center of the table “This is amazing,” Sara muttered.

“You guys did all this?”

Both of our boys nodded “It took us a while to plan everything,” Andre said.

“We had to work out a deal with the owner of the garden. We got this place for a couple of hours if Andre and I mowed his lawn twice a week for a month,” Greg placed his hand on mine and kissed me softly “It’s going to be worth it though.”

We ended up eating spaghetti and drinking sparkling cider, since it was the only thing both boys could afford, and talking about random things. Sara brought up the subject about how we all became friends and I smiled as I thought back to that awesome summer three years ago at the lake house.

“I can’t believe you’ve been together for three years,” Sara mused “Don’t you ever get bored Kaylee?”

I shook my head and smiled “It never gets boring being with Greg. I mean before I met him and his family, my life consisted of school and family but now I have an awesome boyfriend. Plus his family is a riot to be around.”

Sara raised an eyebrow in question “Wow.”

“Yeah,” I said “Andre’s family is awesome too.”

Sara looked up at Andre who was smiling down at her “I guess I’ll just have to stick around them, won’t I?”

AN: It may take me a while to get the next chapter up. Please comment and vote if you want the next chapter to be up!