Facing reality (chapter 22)

Casey's POV

That night I couldn't stop thinking about my past.  I don't remember.  I only remember the night my family died, my dad left me, and I was bit.  But everything else before that is a blur.

How am I immune and my family not? I remember what Jenner said back when I met them. There is something different about me, not natural, manmade. Did it have something to do with science or maybe something went wrong when I went to the doctors.

But none of that explains my transformation. What ever someone injected me with made me like, a perfect soldier. Red eyes, super strength, monstrous voice, acid tears, valuable blood, for God sake I can see the future and know when someone is about to die, and I'm immune. Why am I now thinking of this? I've been immune for a year and I have never thought to face reality with this!

"Are you ok?" Carl asked coming in our cell.

"Yeah, I'm fine." No I'm not!

"No you're not." Thank you!

"I've been thinking to much, help me." I said as he sat beside me.

"What do you need help with?"

"Facing reality."

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"I've been thinking, I don't remember anything if my past before the apocalypse. And have you ever stopped and thought, I am just not, natural. I mean I literally am supernatural." I said.

"Of course I thought about it, I've just excepted it." He said.

"I don't know anymore!" I said rubbing my head.

"Go to sleep and we can talk in the morning." He said getting up and climbing to the top bunk.

"Good night." I said.

"Good night." He replied.

When I fell asleep I had a dream. Not about walkers or the group, no, it was, my past. My family, school, just little clips.

"She's a freak, she should have never been born!" My father yelled. My father would never say that, he loved me.

"Well maybe if you weren't drunk all the time you could the beauty's of her mind. They're people asking for her, a couple who live in Washington want to work with her. I turned them down, but they said they'll be back." My mom said. Drunk? My dad is never drunk, and what people?

Next I was in school sitting down at a lunch table being yelled at by a group of girls.

"You think you're so great skipping a grade. Well just to let you know, you're nothing. You're a little looser, friendless, ugly, fat, and disgusting girl there is. Trying to steal my boyfriend, when you can barely talk to other people. You're such a fat, ugly, freak, I wonder how you're parents even love you. You shouldn't even be living, you shouldn't of been born." She said as her friends stood in the back laughing.

What the hell was that! I hope they weren't talking to me? Skipping a grade? Stealing someone's boyfriend? Who does this girl think she's talking to?

Then it came to the final one I couldn't see but I heard.

"Rest in Peace Casey Grace Jones."

What?!? I'm not dead!  I'm right here, hello!

That's when I woke up.

It was day, hey look at that, I made it through a night with out Carl, yay I guess.  But what the hell was that dream!  Who were those people talking to?  I know my parents they were a happily married couple.  Who ever that girl was can go die in a hole.  And I'm not dead!

"Good morning!" Carl said walking in.

"Morning." I replied getting up.

"You slept well, no nightmares?" He asked.

"Not exactly." I said.

"Well at least you made it through the night." He said walking back out and I followed him.

I found Judith in her cradle. She was awake and had a toy in her hand. Once she saw me she made an adorable noise and smiled.

"Good morning Judith." I said picking her up.

I grabbed a bottle of formula and made her breakfast.

"Want some help?" Carl asked.

"Sure." I said giving him the bottle.

I held her while Carl fed her the bottle. Rick walked in and looked at us then smiled shaking his head.

"You two are better parents then me." Rick said coming over and kissing Judith on her head.

He had a look on his face like something was wrong, well when is anything right to be honest.

"Have you guys seen Meryl?" Rick asked.

"He's in another cell block ripping apart mattresses for some reason." Carl replied.

"I'll go see what he's doing." Rick mumbled walking away.

Rick's POV

After I talked to Daryl and Hershel and then Meryl I still didn't know if I could do it. I can't just give Michonne to the Governor. He'll make her suffer, I can't let that happen, she's done so much for the group.

But if I don't give her up the group will be in danger. And I don't trust him, there has to be some twist. As long as my family is safe I'm fine.

In other news when I was meeting the Governor the first time I saw something. Another message on the building we were in. The message was like always, J.

Is he following me? Why won't he come out and show himself instead of hiding. I'm still debating if it's Casey's father or not.

Out of everyone in this world I trust, which is not a lot. I trust J, I don't know why exactly. He saved my life, and has helped me. I keep going by his saying.

Don't get bit, don't get sick, and don't die.

But the not dying part is kind of hard with the Governor. The Governor wants more then Michonne. He can have Michonne, but he can't have Casey.

I'm back from the beach!  Do the Governor doesn't just want Michonne he wants Casey also!  And her past is coming back to her!  J is making another appearance!  The song is Truce by TØP
Question of the day, who is J?  Haha that rhymed! Please vote and comment!  Bye Immunies!!!