Chapter 3

There I stood. Awestruck by the hovering building people called a 'Bar'.
My heart pumped faster and faster. "I can't do this." I mumbled. As I turned around I felt a gaze upon me. I spun back around to see who's eyeing me tonight but I found no one looking at me except for Hannah. "Let's just go." She reassured me. I give her a weak smile as I walked in.
The landscape seemed to be swallowed in right when I walked through the double doors. Hannah somehow disappeared in my mind of worry. I was just focused on the people surrounding me. The way people where dancing against each other made my stomach lurch. I wanted to turn back right then.
"Hannah!" I shouted over the blaring music. But no one responded back. I scanned the room and Hannah was no where to be found. "Shit. Shit. Shit! Shit!" I raged.
But all seemed calm when I felt the strange gaze again. I rubbed my eyes and headed towards the bar tending counter. "One Miller Lite, please." I softly ordered. The bartender nodded and headed for the drink station. The gaze feeling intensified as I spun around in my tall chair to face the counter. "I'll have what she's having." An almost silent, familiar voice said. I looked over at the man who sat next to me and he looked back with crystal blue eyes. The gaze feeling faded away as I studied his smirk and his curly hair. "Y-you're..."I said shocked. "Yes, I know. Jesse Eisenberg. If you want a picture you are going to have to wait 'cause I would actually like to have a drink for at least five seconds without stressing about memorizing lines to a movie." His words where fluent and quick and it took me a moment to process it. "I didn't want a picture." I answered simply. "But, why are you here?"
"I'm being chased."
"Really?"
"Yeah, by unicorn drug lords. No, I'm not being chased, I just wanted to put some thrill in that sentence."
I raised an eyebrow. "Every sentence you say are so fast that it automatically turns into a thrill ride for my ears."
He laughed which sent cold shocks electrifying my spine.
"Well I actually came here to find opportunities like this one."
"What opportunities?"
"...The opportunity speak with someone so beautiful." My cheeks flushed and I looked away smiling a little.
"Stop trying to be cute just to attract girls."
Jesse took a quick sip from his recently given beverage and swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down a little. He held up his index finger up as I prepared myself for a school-like lesson.
"That's the part where you're wrong." He spoke quickly. My eyes winced at the realization this conversation in still going on. "What part?" I tried to keep up. "Only 1 billion women out of 7 billion usually go out with men who they are physically attracted to. The rest are all on the brains."
"So are you saying I'm the other 6 billion?"
"Are you saying that I have the brains to attract you?"
I stood there speechless trying to answer as quickly as he asks. I looked up at his blue eyes and he smirked.
"You're so confusing, Jesse." I replied. His eyebrow twitched as he tilted his head and raised the corner of his lips. "So...what are you doing in here?" I looked at my drink that was placed in front if me as I thought.
What am I doing here?
"I...don't really know," I answered.
"I guess I'm just here to monitor my friend-"
"Which you've already lost." He interrupted. I gave him a surprised look. "How'd you know that?" I asked astonished. "Well," he started as he cleared his throat. "Just think of the logic. You were supposed to watch your friend so she doesn't run off with some douchebag that's gonna leave her the next morning, but for some reason you're sitting here instead of out there, where you should be, guarding her like a hawk. Either that or your just anti-social-which I highly doubt hence you're speaking to me."
"Do you always speak this fast."
"Yes, pretty much."
The silence was substituted by hollering and whoops from the dancing crowd and blazing Dj songs.
"Wanna dance?" Jesse asked in my ear softly. My face grew hot and I prayed and hoped I wasn't blushing. "Yeah, okay. But don't get touchy." I joked. But Jesse just smirked and ticked his eyebrow upward quickly.

Well...this should be a fun night.