[11]

Bae Ara

I can't stop worrying about him.

He's so new.

So new to the world.

But I already tried...

He probably thinks I was lying to him the whole time.

I wasn't lying.

I had a horrible childhood. I had parents who took me in and turned my life around positively.

It's my fault. I took him in immediately. I'm only just 23 years old! Why would I force him or myself into something like this?

I need to ask my parents for help.

I reach for my phone and dial my mom.

She picks up immediately.

"Hello, baby! You called! I'm so happy. I missed you so much, your father and I miss you so much! How are you?" My mom greets emotionally.

I giggle. "Hey, mom. I'm doing ok. Sorry I didn't call recently. I was busy. I have something really important to tell you and I need your help."

"Of course, baby! Anything."

Breath, Ara.

"I met this guy...actually I witnessed him almost commit suicide."

"Oh dear, your poor eyes."

"Mom, I saved him. He told me about his life...and I can make connections. He had a horrible past just like me and...and so I took him in."

My mother was quiet on the other end.

"Mom?"

"Baby....you can't be taking in strangers like that. He could've been a killer or something."

I look down and let out a weary cry.

"Mom...I had this feeling. This strong feeling that I could've helped him get back on his feet. Like what you and dad did for me! I-I don't...I didn't know that this would happen."

"What happened? Are you ok!? What did he do!??"

"I'm fine, mom. But um, he was being really close to me. More than I was comfortable. He started changing...to the point where I almost didn't recognize him. His hair, his style...his aura. He was different and I thought it was really unnecessary, but he seemed so happy about it. I didn't want to tell him it wasn't a necessary...."

I tell her from when he started acting lovey-dovey to me to when we started arguing.

"I told him he shouldn't be copying other people and he got so defensive like, telling me that he wants to be happy and he doesn't want someone like to me tell him something else." I explain while breathing deeply.