16

Jane pov...

I get of the plane and Maura is waiting for me at the gate. We hug each other and she says "wow, you are wearing a dress"
I nod and say "yeah, first clothes other than the prison clothes and I have to wear a dress to be able to hide the ankle monitor"
She ask "why are you wearing that?"
I say "just incase something happens my location will be known at all times"
She nods and says "let's go"
We walk to her car and Maura and I get in and the guards watching me get in a car behind hers to follow us.
We drive to the church and are some of the first people to arrive. We walk inside and I go over to Frosts caskett, it's closed but I say "hey Frost, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you lately and I never told you what happened, if you are watching now you probably know now and I'm sorry. I didn't think that I would lose you this soon and not be able to talk to you in person properly"
Maura says "I'm sorry Jane, he is missed by everyone. I know that this will be hard for you not being able to talk to him lately"
I nod and hear talking at the door and look and see Frankie and Korsak. Maura says "the service must be starting now, let's take our seats"
We sit down in the front and the rest of the church starts to fill up with people all here for Frost.
The service starts and speeches are said by the reverend, his mom, Korsak and Neda who Maura told me was his girlfriend. Frankie shows photos of how happy Frost was with his family and friends, there are lots of Frost, Korsak, Frankie, Maura and I. It makes me miss him more I had missed those moments and it was bringing back all the memories.  The reverend asks "is there anyone else would would like to come up"
I look at Maura, she nods and says "go"
I stand up and go up and look and and can see the surprise of me being here on people's faces.
I say "I haven't been around lately but I think about everyone each day. When I think of Frost I think of the times he made me laugh and the times he made me smile.  He was great at his job and was a great partner to me even when some parts of the job didn't quite agree with him. Frost brought joy and happiness to the people around him, his life can be celebrated as he did what he wanted and was able to make everyone around him happy."
I sit back down and the ceremony closes. One of the guard signals to me so I walk over to him and he says "your flight is in two hours, sorry we may have to leave everything early as you can only stay for another hour"
I nod and walk back to Maura and tell her "I have to leave in an hour"
She nods and says "he is being buried now but you will miss the celebration at the Dirty Robber"
I nod and say "at least I got to be here for some of it"
She smiles and we walk out to the cars to drive to the cemetery.
The reverend comes over to me and says "you are wanted to help carry the caskett"
I nod and Maura and I walk over. Cavanaugh, Frankie, Korsak, Nina, Maura and I get in position and we walk to the grave and Frost is lowered down and some more words are said before each person takes turns to place a shovel of dirt down to end the final ceremony.

I stand to the side with Maura and she says "you have to go in a few minutes don't you"
I nod and say "I'm sorry Maura, I should be here for you and the others but I can't"
She shakes her head and says "you are already paying for what you did, you don't need to make it harder for yourself. We can still talk and the others will be around to support each other."
We hug and Ma comes over and says "Janie are you back now"
I shake my head and say "sorry no, I have to go soon"
Frankie, Korsak and Cavanaugh walk over and Frankie asks "when is soon?"
I say "few minutes"
Cavanaugh asks "will you come back soon"
I shake my head and say "I can't"
Korsak asks "what's going on Jane"
I say "today is about Frost, not me"
Ma asks "when will you tell us then?"
I shrug and say "when I'm ready"
Maura whispers to me "you have to go soon"
I look at where she was looking and the guard is signalling to go. I nod and say "I'm sorry everyone, I need to go now"
Maura walks with me back to the car and we drive to the airport. We hug and kiss as a goodbye as I am about to go through security now. I say "I'm sorry they will want to know from you, you shouldn't be in this position"
She smiles and says "Jane I will do anything for you, I love you. We can talk later and I will be able to come see you soon"
I smile and say "okay, love you too"
We hug one more time and wave goodbye as we go our separate ways.