26

Jane pov...

Maura and I go into BPD, as we walk in together it reminds me of the past and the memories I made her.
She asks me "are you okay Jane?"
I nod and we walk up the the homicide area and see Korsak, Frankie and Nina. They are talking so don't notice as Mau and I walk over to them. I say "hope I'm not interrupting anything"
They look up and smile, Frankie say "Janie you're here"
I nod and say "surprise"
Korsak says "good to see you"
I smile and say "missed you guys"
Frankie asks "where have you been?"
I say "Washington DC"
Nina asks "did you get a job there"
I say "I have one now, I start in about a month"
Korsak asks "if you are only just getting a job what have you been doing for the last ten years"
I look down and say "in federal prison"
Frankie says "what?"
I look up and say "I was locked up serving my sentence"
Korsak asks "what did you do?"
I say "stole money from the government and hacked into the pentagon"
Frankie laughs and when he stops he says "wait you were serious"
I nod and he says "I can't believe that you are the one in our family to go to prison"
I say "be glad, you didn't go to prison both your brother and sister did"
Maura says "wait your other brother went to prison"
I nod and say "yeah Tommy went to prison after he hit a priest on his third DUI"
Frankie says "yeah, I'm surprised I would never have thought you would break the law"
I nod and say "yeah, it was a stupid thing to do and I have paid for my crimes"
I see Ma walking over pushing a twin pram, I think that she would probably have Frankie and Nina's twins, it turned out when Nina was pregnant she was having a boy and a girl. They called the boy Benny and the girl Jamie. 
Ma walks up and says "hi"
I laugh and say "hi Ma"
She realised I am here and hugs me and says "missed you Janie"
I nod and say "missed you too Ma"
Frankie says "Jane I want you to meet mine and Nina's children Benny and Jamie"
I pick up Jamie and say "they are so cute"
Ma asks "how long are you here for this time Jane?"
I say "maybe up to a week"
She nods and says "do I get to know where you are now?"
I nod and say "I'm in DC"
She asks "what was hard about telling me that?"
I say "nothing, the hard part is that I have been in a Federal prison for ten years"
She says "what? Why would you break the law"
I say "I know it was stupid and I have paid for my crimes now"
She nods and says "I'm glad to see you now"
I hug Ma and say "me too"

Cavanaugh walks out of his office and says "sorry reunions over, the three of you you work here have a murder"
Frankie looks confused and says "three, four of us do"
Cavanaugh shakes his head and Maura say "sorry Frankie he's right, you work with a new ME now"
Korsak asks "Maura are you moving with Jane to DC?"
Maura nods and says "sorry I didn't tell anyone everything just happened so fast"
Ma says "why doesn't everyone come over to my place for dinner tonight and we can all talk then"