Chapter 4

Kate's P.O.V.

Running, Running all I have to do is keep running. I start to feel fatigue but I force myself to run. I slowly turn my head around to look back, and I see them. ALL of them, the Shadow Knights are chasing me, " YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE" I hear the leader shout crazily. Come on, COME ON, RUN! Then I try to transform, I can't I'm drained I used most of my energy attempting to fight some of them off. So, I decide to RAGE my way through it, yep some thing I only use in dire situations. This is some thing I easily lose control of. In scaleswind once I got so mad at a person I picked up the closest thing possible and through it at the wall, which actually broke the pair if scissors I through at it and the scissors hit a painting square in the middle, and I wasn't even transformed. Yeah, um I got uh extremely angry, so here we go. I start to think about my family, I feel a pot of boiling rage inside explode and I SCREAM an ear peircing scream that you could hear at least 3 miles away. Then I felt something materialize in my hand and grabbed it firmly, then I feel the familiar pain in my back and then it stops, I stop running and I hear everything around me stop I put my sword in its sheath. then I put a ball of fire in my right hand and a ball of water in my left hand. I saw the leader stare at me in wonder and then snarl. " Unless, you feel like dying today you all better run or I'll kill each of you slowly one, by one" Then half of her army stares at me and then they run in the other direction. Then the leader yells " Where are you going! COWARDS!!!" Then she turns towards me with a cocky grin, and then yells at the rest of her army" Well, Well looks like we have a little road block, it looks like we'll have to remove it, but such a pity that we have to waste our energy on this worthless being ,boys" Then whats left of her army starts laughing at me. So, when one isn't looking I run right at him at the speed of light and then hold my sword towards his neck and right as I run by him my sword cuts through his neck. and his head, nearly as if in slow motion his head falls off, and then his body slowly falls on the ground. Then I dart back to my original spot like the flash. Then I say " What ya laughing about" and they all stare at me with wide eyes afraid. Then the half that stuck with her ran. Some of them disappeared into the trees some just ran others flew or had something they could ride on to fly so I evilly smirked " Hows your army going to save you now?" I say to in a prickly voice. NO NO DON'T LET IT TAKE OVER! I scream at my self in my thoughts. I slowly felt the prickly thorns climb up my brain and start to take over. What would lachlan say, he wouldn't let me do this. So, with all my will power I scream at the thorns LEAVE NOW! And i start to feel a slow release and them slowly fade away. " Unless you want to die today I suggest you leave." I say sternly at the leader. " I guess we'll have to have a one on one.". Right after she says that I bolt to the side and then forward then I turn towards the leader then before she can move I put her in head lock. " Well it looks like I win" I say in a cocky voice.  Then before I know it she elbows me and then kicks me to the ground. " Not exactly" she says putting her sword to my throat. Then I hear a rustle in the bushes, " Who's there?!" I yell then the shadow knight leader pushes the sword closer just so it pressures my skin. I wince in pain,and then I see a person in a dark hooded cloak walk up to me and the danger behind me. Then in an almost familiar voice I hear " Let. Go. Of. Her." then he grabs his sword and unsheath's it, and with the other hand has an open hand with a bunch of rocks floating around it. The leader just stares for a minute and then loosens her grip. So, I take the advantage and get up and then put my sword at her neck. " You will leave me alone, I don't want EVER see you again, unless I get to kill you. Your lucky I'm sparing you" Then I spit in disgust. " LEAVE" I say sternly pointing towards the forest. Then she staggers and starts walking towards the forest. Then I turn around, to face him my face softens a little and I say " Hi?" awkwardly. " Yeah, uhhh the names Lachlan you?" he says. I stop in my tracks, all color from my face drains and my widen to there full expanse. I try to say something but when I open my mouth nothing comes out, I start to back up and then finally manage to get out " No, no, no it can't be. No, no, NO!!!" Then I start to run. It can't be him, I start to break down so I start to climb the nearest tree, I hear the crunch of leaves behind me so I start to go faster, pushing myself.I'm on the verge of tears, I....I haven't cried since I was 9. So, I stick it in and go to the highest point possible and take off the leather necklace and start to stare at it. " Did he r-really give this to me, did you give this to m-me?" I say. Then I sense someone staring at me. I look back he's in complete shock when he see's what I have in my hands. Then I look him in the eyes and say " Did you give this to me?"

                                                               Lachlan P.O.V.

I'm walking through the woods when I hear loud voices. So, I walk in there direction, then I hear people running, then yelling but I keep heading forward then I stop when I see a girl with wings, one black, one white. Then I see the head of shadow knights and her start to face off. I see the winged girl head for her and put her in head lock. Then the leader elbows her, making her let go and lose balance and then kicks her to the ground. The shadow Knight leader then pulls her sword to her neck. Then I accidentally make noise DAMN IT! Then I hear a sorta familiar voice yell " Who's there?!" and then I decide to come out to help. I grab my sword and then do my magick " Let. Go. Of. Her." I say sternly. Then I see a flash and then I see the winged girl has her sword against the leaders throat and she says something, I don't listen. Then she points to the north of the forest and the leader starts walking that way. Then she turns towards me with a hard expression and then it softens then I hear the same really familiar voice say "Hi?". " Yeah, uhhh the name is Lachlan, you?". Then she immediately stops moving, all the color from her face drains, and her eyes widen so I can see she has one blue eye and one red fiery one. She tried to say something while she backs up and finally gets out "No,no,no it can't be. No,no, NO!!!" Then she starts to run away so I chase her. Then I see her start to climb up a tree she reminds me of....no. It can't be her, I push that thought to the back of my mind and start to climb. When I get to the top of the tree I see her holding something and then I hear her say " Did he r-really give this to me, did you give this to m-me?" Then she turns a round and transform back to normal self and then I see she's wearing a black hooded cloak like me. Then she holds out a leather necklace with an amethyst attached and asks ' Did you give this to me?". I just stare in shock " K-Kate?" I say hopeful. " oh my Irene, it-it really his you" she says. and then sits down on the verge of tears. Then I sit down next to her and we just sit there silently for several minutes. Then Kat pulls out her phone and starts to do something then she puts it in between us and smiles.*cue music*. I start to smile, but what is that supposed to mean. I just wonder as I stare into the sunset with my girl-.Wait mind what did I just think. with my girlfriend, NO STOP IT MIND!!! I. DO. NOT. LIKE. HER. Yeeess you do, look your staring at her right now. WHAT???!!?!?!!!!?? But she is really pretty, and then I hear humming. Kat's humming I have never before heard her hum. That's weird...