Ferenheight

Jack awoke slowly at first, his head throbbing and spots swimming in his eyes. He sat up fully after a while, spying a note on the table. If only he could get to it. Jack begins the meticulous work of trying to stand, ignoring the pains he feel, and makes his way over to the slip of paper.

Dear Jackiepoo~
I'll be out for a week or so, something has come up at work and I'll be on a business trip. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone.
Love, Tyler~

Jack covers his mouth, an erupting smile playing behind his thin fingers. He had to tell Mark.

Making his way to his desktop, Jack hits the call button in excitement. The call sound plays, and Mark accepts immideately, worry blossoming in his chest.

"Hey Mark!" Jack says giddily, forgetting how awful he must look. Mark looks petrified.

"Jack... What happened? A few nights ago, I mean."

Jack freezes up, the memories flooding back. "O-oh nothing, Mark, he was just a little angry, don't worry."

"Jack."

"Y-yeah?" Jack looks up, tears lining his eyes.

"Why are you lying to me?" Mark asks, trying to keep his anger veiled so as not to scare Jack.

Jack looks down again, before slowly reaching his arm up to end the call, his once giddy mood now destroyed. Jack stands up from his chair and leaps into bed, ignoring the memories that the silken sheets hold, and he falls into a fitful sleep.