Eye Spy

You and Skye are enjoying some peaceful solitude inside of the black SUV parked next to Lola on the plane until you hear a knock on the window. You roll it down to find Agent Coulson standing there. "What's up, Phil?"

"I prefer you not call me 'Phil'."

"OK, you're the boss, AC. Just missing our van a bit, taking a little sister time." You go back to your laptop.

"I want your guys' help with something." This catches your attention.

You lean over your laptop as you and Skye both say, "Hit me with it."

"You guys have to stop that. It's getting creepy." Just to freak him out more, you both wink at him at the same time. He shakes it off.

"You ever rob a bank?"

"No." You both say.

"An armored car?"

"Nope." The two of you say again.

"How about a casino?"

"Should we be offended?" You ask. Only you said it this time, making Coulson noticeably relax.

"Somebody's stealing millions of dollars in diamonds. They've found a way to crack the security systems. I want you to figure out their exploit."

"Hmm." You say. Coulson walks away, and you both return to your laptops, searching for an answer to the literal million dollar question: how did this person do it?

-----

"Yesterday, 25 men, all military, were hired by one of the largest gem brokers in the world. They dressed the men in identical outfits, gave each one a randomly assigned briefcase, and sent them along 25 different routes here in Stockholm. No one knew which briefcase contained the diamonds, but they were still stolen." Coulson explains as you, Skye, and May walk beside him into a Swedish subway station.

"Why the Kabuki theater?" May asks.

"They were afraid because somebody's targeting diamonds...an armored car in Milan, a safe in Monte Carlo, and now this..." You walk onto a train to see blood splattered all over a pole and the floor beside it. Ew. "Over $30 mil total. Each theft occurred despite heavy security."

"They sound like inside jobs." May observes.

"A lot of people share that opinion." Coulson replies.

"You don't. CCTV cameras catch any of the action?" Skye asks him.

"Fitz-Simmons is checking. The system went dark for an hour. They think it was hacked."

"It was the same thieves each time?" May inquires.

"Yes, but it was just one thief... a woman. And she did it all with her eyes closed."

"Eyewitnesses I.D. her?"

"Black, athletic build, late 20s, early 30s."

"So, you asked how she could have cracked the system. I have a pitch, but it's way outside the box." You state.

"I live outside the box." Coulson retorts.

"There are people in the world with superpowers, right? What if this woman has ESP or something?" You ask.

Skye elbows you. "(Y/N)!"

"Ow! I told you to stop doing that for no reason!" You elbow her back.

"Ow! I had a reason; you were being stupid!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!" Before you could continue your little quarrel with Skye, May interrupts you.