The Magical Place

You, Skye, and Fitz-Simmons watch through surveillance as a man, Vanchat, enters a room and sits at a table with a woman. He places a silver suitcase on the table and opens it. "100% premium-grade Chitauri metal, as rare as it gets." He explains as he shows it off to the woman.

"How'd you get your hands on this, Vanchat?" The woman questions.

"It's what I do...Find alien scrap that no one else can, then offer it to people who fully appreciate my efforts." The woman picks up to metal to examine it.

"Mm, I appreciate the hell out of them. You can name your price." Just then, a flat, circular S.H.I.E.L.D. explosive slides under the door and into the room. The woman looks at it, confused. "Is that a Roomba?" The explosive goes off and agents May and Ward race in to capture everyone in the room, but Vanchat escapes.

"Fitz-Simmons, he's heading your way." You hear Ward say through comms.

"We've never done anything like this before. Are you sure?" Simmons questions Fitz.

"It's time, Simmons. Embrace the change." Fitz tells her. They command their drones to turn on all of their flashlights, blocking off a hallway and effectively chasing Vanchat where you needed him to go.

"Skye, (Y/N), you're up." That was your cue to hack into the elevator system of the building to get Vanchat up to the roof where a strike team was waiting for him.

"Here. Let me get that for you." You say smugly as you watch the elevator go up faster than it should. The door opens to the roof and you all know you've won this battle. The strike team captures Vanchat and you all pack up, heading back to the plane.

-----

You are sitting on Skye's bed trying to access S.H.I.E.L.D. files when your bracelet locks down your computers. Moments later, Agent Hand, the woman overseeing the operation to get Coulson back, shows up. "Just in time." You say, and both you and Skye hold up your bracelets.

"Can you override these?" Skye asks.

Hand ignores you both and questions your actions. "What do you think you're doing?" You sigh.

"The money trail's our key to finding Coulson. We just need to gain access to Vanchat's financials, and from there, We should be able to trace Centipede's payments and then hack into their account." You explain.

"You're the consultants...the ones who shot Agent Sitwell." Hand recognizes.

"Technically, that wasn't us--"

"I want you both off this plane immediately." She walks away, and you Ward, Skye, and May follow.

"Wait. I know we're not some badass field agents like May or Ward, but this is what we do. You can't just kick us off this mission." Skye says, angry. Hand turns around to face you, and you try a more calm approach.

"Listen, we will do whatever you say. All this protocol crap doesn't matter to us. All that matters to us is Coulson."

"Well, "all this protocol crap" matters to me. You're both a distraction, and you're gone." She tries turning away again, but Ward speaks up to vouch for you both.

"Agent Hand, I know Skye and (Y/N)'s methods are unorthodox, but they're members of this team. They can help." Hand is silent for a moment before turning to May.

"Agent May, your professional opinion-will these girls be of any use to us on this plane?" May glances at the both of you.

"No."

You both stare at her incredulously. Hand turns to another agent. "Increase their restriction level. Confiscate their laptops and phones, then have them delivered to debrief."