eleven

double update again!
let's try for 40+ comments???

A loud chime rings above them, echoing throughout the near silent coffee shop. Ashton peers down at the watch that's wrapped around his left wrist, reading the time. At four o'clock in the morning, there's hardly anyone around, leaving the cafe vacant of customers. He glances to his right, flashing a dimpled smile to Luke, who squeezes their linked hands in response.

Traveling to the front, they notice a employee appear from the back, walking sluggishly to the cash register and monitor. She greets them with a tired hello, placing their order and promptly working on getting their drinks made.

Somehow, with a whole lot of sweet talking and begging and maybe a few kisses, Luke was able to convince Ashton into staying awake that night to watch the sunrise when the time came. He originally wasn't for the idea, complaining that he was a morning person and it would mess with his sleeping schedule, but Luke looked at him with such sweet eyes that it immediately made him rethink his decision.

They sit at a booth in the back of the shop, both on the same side to be closer to each other. After they shared their first kiss together, there was hardly a moment they had been away from the other. Their conjoined hands laid on Luke's thigh underneath the table.

"Would you consider this our first date?" Luke asked, turning his head to the side to observe Ashton.

"Maybe." He replied, "Although you could count our short road trip as one maybe? I mean we did jump in a lake and walk through thousands of flowers."

"That's very true." Luke agreed, rubbing his thumb over his and the brunette's hand lightly.

Ashton yawned, using his left hand to cover his mouth as he squinted his eyes. He rests his head on the the younger's shoulder. Luke could easily tell that he was tired, they had been up for almost a complete twenty-four hours and he knows that Ashton doesn't normally stay awake for this long of time. He faces Ashton once again, connecting their lips in a short kiss, as a way to say thank you to him.

They stay in the coffee shop for about an hour total before heading out and back into the truck. However, Luke deemed it best for him to drive since he didn't want Ashton to fall asleep at the wheel. He takes the road that leads them back the way they came, knowing it would take them a while to reach home.

After an half an hour of driving, Luke pulls to the side of the road, turning the engine off as he looks over at Ashton. His head laid in the palm of his hand which was propped against the window by his elbow. His eyes were pressed shut as soft snores left his mouth that was slightly agape.

He slides his phone out of his pocket, ignoring the notification showing several missed calls from his mother. He snaps a photo of Ashton with the sunrise captured perfectly behind him along with the multitude off large trees. Luke grabs his heavy hand, bringing it up to his mouth and gently laying his lips flat against his skin. He looks up through his lashes to see Ashton move slightly in his sleep. He continues to press open mouth kisses along his hand and his knuckles, grinning brightly when Ashton finally blinks his eyes open slowly.

"Baby," He rasps, "What are we doing?"

He was still in a daze, rubbing his eyes tiredly and scanning everything around him curiously. Ashton cards his fingers through Luke's, observing his lopsided grin and bright eyes.

"The sun is rising, let's go sit in the back of your truck." Luke suggests, grabbing the handle of his door and stepping out.

He's the first to climb in the back, helping Ashton by pulling him up and into his arms as they stand wrapped in each other's embrace. He brings them to a sitting position, laying his back against the the side of the car as Ashton laid in between Luke's long legs. Out of instinct, he places his hands in the unruly mop of waves on top of Ashton's head, softly running his fingers through his hair.

Ashton hums in enjoyment, placing his hands on both sides of Luke's thighs. They stayed in this position for god knows hold long, enough for the sun to rise and cause the sky to change into various different colors. Eventually, Luke knew they needed to get back home soon, Ashton's home that is.

So for the next two or so hours, the blonde drove back in silence, allowing the older to finally catch some sleep. He finds himself almost nodding off a few times but luckily he's able to stay awake for the rest of the drive.

It's barely three hours later that Ashton is groaning when he hears his phone ring from the bedside table. He ignores it the first time, keeping his chest pressed against the warm backside of Luke and wrapping his arms tighter around him. It's the second time that he realizes that whoever is calling is very persistent.

Pulling himself away from the comfort of Luke, he sits up with his legs hanging off the bed, clearly frustrated and exhausted. He removes his phone from the charger, and once he notices the caller ID, he stands up and walks out of the room. He heads to the small balcony and slides the door open, finally answering the call.

"Hello?" Ashton responds, trying his best to sound awake.

"Ashton! I'm so glad you answered, I've been calling you and Luke for so long. Is he with you, is he okay?" Liz questions frantically.

"Yes, Luke's with me. He's sleeping right now."

"I got so worried after he ran off, I wasn't sure if you two got along during the week so I didn't know if he stayed with you yesterday." She explains.

"No, he came right back to my house. I'm not sure if he's really ready to come home yet, he was pretty upset after what happened. But you don't have to be concerned, I can assure you he's safe with me." Ashton replies, wanting nothing more than to end the call and head back to bed.

"Thank you, Ashton. I'm glad he took a liking towards you then, you're a wonderful boy. I'll leave you be but let me know if he ever decides he wants to come back, okay?"

"Will do, Mrs. Hemmings. Have a great day."

After ending the call, he was quick to enter his bedroom. However, as he walked in, Luke was sitting up on the bed yawning loudly.

"Who was that?" He breathes, opening his arms for Ashton to come lay close to him again.

"Your mom. She was worried about you." He says, resting his head on Luke's chest.

"Oh." Luke mumbles.

"I told her you probably weren't going home right away. You should probably call her tomorrow." He explains, gradually losing his ability to stay awake.

Luke leans down and presses a kiss to the top of Ashton's head, watching as he eventually falls asleep. He didn't really want to think about that right now, he just wanted to lay in Ashton's arms and sleep.

do you think luke should return home soon?

what are some cute things for lashton to do in the upcoming chapters?