thirteen

i wasn't lying when i said there was another update :-)
[45+ comments?]

It was seven hours after his lunch with his mother that he finally drives to Ashton's job. After visiting his mom, he dropped her off and drove back to Ashton's, watching television and trying to make friends with his cat Michael. He's not sure what Ashton has in store for them but he's excited.

Pulling into the parking lot of the retail store that he used to go to with his mom when he was smaller, he parks his car and walks toward the entrance. Luke doesn't see anyone in the store but there's a few lights still on so he assumes that Ashton is the last one there. He grips the handles to the door and pushes, being greeted with a burst of air. He scans the store, spotting Ashton off to the side as he sits behind the front counter on his phone.

He silently walks over to him, doing his best to remain unnoticed. Leaning his head on Ashton's shoulder, he whispers a hushed hi and wraps his arms his waist. Ashton jumps, not realizing that Luke had already arrived. He's quick to recover, turning in his grip and kissing him sweetly as Luke softly laughs.

"You made it." Ashton comments, linking their hands together.

Luke nods, "I missed you. I'm not used to being apart from you for this long."

And it's true. For the last seven days, they have been inseparable, almost as if they were connected at the hip. So being away from each other for half the day was a foreign feeling for the both of them.

"I couldn't stop thinking of you." Ashton admits, "How was the talk with your mom?"

"It was good, all we talked about was you." Luke smiles.

"Oh really?" He asks, pulling Luke closer to him. "Inform me, what all did you talk about?"

Luke smirks, "Just how you were super hot and an amazing person."

Ashton leans in to kiss Luke once again, this time allowing it to carry on for a few moments longer. He's amazed how this one boy could instantly make his day better.

Once they pull apart, he drags Luke to the wide section of clothing the store carries. Ashton pushes him into a dressing room, telling him to get undressed, while he quickly scavenges the store for an outfit for Luke to try on. He spots a bright red dress and grabs it, hurrying back to Luke.

"Put this on." Ashton orders.

"What? I'm not putting on this dress."

"Just do it, please."

"Fine. Only because you said please."

A couple minutes later, the door slowly creaks open, revealing the blonde in a too small dress. It only reaches down to his mid-thigh, tightly pressing against his skin. Luke places a hand on hip and does a twirl.

"So, give it to me straight, how does it look?" Luke asks, watching as Ashton begins to laugh.

"You look gorgeous as ever." Ashton replies, taking his hands and leading them into a two-step, twirling Luke at the end and then dipping him.

The pair laughs as they alternate trying on outfits, choosing obnoxious colored prints and absurd clothing options. They eventually grow tired of it, and change back into their original clothes. Luke gets an idea, leading them back to the front of the store where he grabs a shopping cart and climbing in. Ashton slowly pushes him through the store, trailing up and down the isles.

"Ashley! Look at that purse over there, is that Gucci? Ugh I'm so in love with it, I wish my husband would buy it for me." Luke remarks, raising his voice to sound more feminine.

"I think it's Sephora, not Gucci, Lucy." Ashton replies, laughing at their stupid conversation.

Luke responds in his normal voice, "Ashton, Sephora is a store, not a brand."

"It is? I thought it was the name of a woman who designed purses and shoes and whatnot." Ashton admits.

"You work here, you should know the names better than I do." Luke laughs, "It doesn't matter, get in the cart with me."

Ashton hesitantly climbs in the cart, worried that there wouldn't be enough room for the both of them. Their backs are on opposite sides of the cart, laying their legs in between the other's. Somehow, they managed to fit and not feel too entirely cramped.

"Now what?" Ashton questions, staring at the blonde happily.

Luke grins, "Earthquake!" He yells, gripping both sides of the cart and shaking them.

Ashton laughs boisterously, gripping onto Luke's feet for support as he watches the cart rattle with great force. However, their laughter ceases when they lose balance, causing the cart to fall on it's side, pushing the shelf they were by to the ground along with them. Each and every purse that sat on the shelf slid off and on top of them.

Ashton curses and scrambles out of the cart, reaching a hand down to pull Luke out also.

"Are you okay?" He asks, picking up the cart and putting it right side up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It probably wasn't a good idea to do that, my bad..." He trails off.

They spend the rest of the night setting the shelf back up and placing the purses back. They had to go back around and hang the clothes up that they had tried on earlier. Luke apologizes multiple times but it doesn't really matter to Ashton, he's just glad he got to see Luke again today.

After an hour of tidying up, they leave Woolworths and head back to their cars. Luke wishes they didn't have to leave separately, enjoying the feeling of Ashton's hand on his thigh more than he should. Ashton feels odd driving in silence now, already having got used to Luke's voice filling any car ride.

They meet back at Ashton's apartment, joining hands after getting out of their cars that were parked beside each other.

They were just glad to be back home together, Ashton could definitely get used to this.

i originally only planned on writing one chapter but what i had in mind was too long for one so i split it into two

who do you think should be the one to ask the other to be their boyfriend?

p.s,, i know some of you seem to be wanting smut but this is a rather fluffy book so idk if i should, if i get enough requests to i'll think about it...