two

-

As Ashton drove him and Luke to his small condo where pizza awaited them, he couldn't help but notice Luke staring out the window and messing around with the fringe on his ripped skinny jeans. Ashton felt bad that the blonde actually thinks that this is real.

Because who is actually sick enough to sell their own kid at a garage sale? Liz had called Ashton early yesterday morning explaining to Ashton her 'predicament'. Ashton was a friend of Luke's brother Jack, in high school.

Ashton and Jack were once great friends before Jack ran off and left him for his girlfriend, spending all his time with her and after that, they stopped talking. Liz contacted the brunette because she knew how nice he was. He was always complimenting her every time he came over.

Ashton had been told that Luke has been a grouch recently, staying in his room with the door closed and locked and hoarding twenty tons of food (it doesn't help he has a mini-fridge and the bathroom is connected to his room). Alll Liz wants to do is get her son out of his room and to do something.

Their agreement was to take Luke for a week and once that's over, bring Luke back to his house where his door will have been torn off and his mini-fridge sold.

"Hey, Luke?" Ashton called, making Luke slowly look over to him.

Ashton could easily notice his tear stained cheek and red eyes. His heart sunk at the sight.

"What?" He mumbled sadly.

"Don't take it so seriously." Ashton responded, reaching over to Luke to wipe his tears away with the pad of his thumb.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Luke asks solemnly.

"Oh look, we're at my house." Ashton chuckles nervously as he turns off the engine of the truck and steps outside.

The two walk into his house. Luke stands at the entrance, eyes wandering around Ashton's home as he awkwardly tugs his sweater sleeves down.

Ashton notices and grabs Luke's hand and intertwines their fingers. Luke looks startled by this sudden action.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going to eat pizza and then I'll give you a tour of the place." Ashton explains.

"No, I mean why are you holding my hand?" Luke asks, looking down at their hands together. Luke likes the feeling but he'll never admit that.

"You seem like you need a friend right now." Ashton replies shortly, dragging Luke to the kitchen.

Ashton gets out two plates of pizza and two cans of coke, handing one of each to his guest, leading him to the living room here they sat down.

"You have a cat." Luke points out when he notices a small kitten with black fur and a white stripe down its back.

"What? Oh- that's Michael, I got him last week. Isn't he cute? I always wanted a cat but I'm allergic so I have to take medication for my allergies but it's worth it."

Michael must of heard them talking because the kitten raises his head and once he spots an unknown person, Luke, he makes a sudden hissing sound and scurries off to a different room.

"I don't think he likes me." Luke announces.

"Yeah, he doesn't like a lot of people. He mainly tends to stay in my room sleeping all day and he surprisingly likes cheese pizza." Ashton says.

"He sounds like my friend. Oddly enough, his name is also Michael."

-