fifteen

[15]
i'm back again! can we get 40+ comments?

Ashton ignores his boyfriend as he focuses on the screen of his phone, too occupied with what's in front of him rather than anything else. His thumb scrolls upwards on a web page, eyes analyzing each bit of information typed up. He takes his gaze off it for a second as he glances over to Luke, watching the blonde's lanky limbs extend as he rummages through the fridge. He returns his attention back on his phone, frustrated with the results.

After being fired from his job, he realized that his only option was to find another one, and quick. Rent was coming up soon and he has enough for the current month but not for the upcoming months. However, the hunt for a decent job was proving to be difficult. Ashton was picky so as he searched through the options listed on every website, he deemed each and everyone not good enough.

"Any luck?" Luke asks, breaking his boyfriend from his concentration, taking a seat next to him at the kitchen bar.

"Not exactly." He replies, setting his phone on the counter and bringing the loose strands of hair back on the top of his head.

Every option he saw either didn't peak his interest, had too low of pay, or was located too far away. It's not that he didn't want to find another job, Ashton was just happy with the job he had and now that he lost it, he just feels like all the others aren't as good as his previous one. Finding another place to work was absolutely crucial if he wanted to be able to do the things he enjoys and not live in constant worry about if he had enough money for the week.

"What, is Macca's not enough for you, do you have something against their business?" The blonde questions, sarcasm laced within his words.

"Yes, because McDonald's is a step up from my last job. Why don't you work there if you love the place so much?" Ashton jokes, returning to his phone.

He doesn't hear his boyfriend respond after that, assuming the conversation had ended. He scans through every job listing, hoping the farther down the page he gets, the better the jobs might be. He's just about to give up when he notices an opening for a position at a movie theater. He internally weighs the options, deciding to try it and see what it'll be like. He looks up at Luke, turning his phone so he could see the screen. The blonde reads the information, agreeing with his boyfriend that that's a good choice for him.

"Do you want to go with me when I go up to ask for an interview? They do walk-in interviews so we can go in any time." Ashton informs, patting his pockets to make sure he was his wallet with him before they leave.

Luke nods, getting up from his seat and joining hands with Ashton. A few minutes later and they're out the door and on their way to the movie theater located two miles from the apartment. Ashton leads them inside, walking to the front desk where a few employees stand, conversing with each other. As he approaches, their attention is brought to the pair.

"Hi, what can we do for you?" One of them asks, a grin plastered on his face.

"I'm here to apply for a job, your website said you do interviews anytime." Ashton responds, feeling a bit awkward.

"Oh yeah!" The other one perks up, "Let me get our boss, she's the one who decides if you get the job or not."

He waits for a minute, finally seeing the employee come back with a woman, inferring that she's the boss. She extends her hand out, introducing herself as Mali-Koa. She seemed very friendly, telling them that they can follow her back to her office.

Luke's not sure if he should come along since he's not applying for the job but decides to anyways when his boyfriend pulls him along. As they enter her office, they take a seat in the two chairs in front of her desk.

"Are you both interested in the job?" She questions.

Luke shakes his head, "No, I'm just here for moral support."

"Well you're here, you might as well try for a job anyways. We have a couple positions open, that is if you don't already have a job." Mali suggests, sending him a grin.

Luke glances over to his boyfriend, seeing no sign of hesitation, so he agrees and says why not. They're both asked a series of questions, some asking what their school background was and why they think they would be right for the job. A total of twenty minutes pass and by the end of it, the both of them walk out with a new job.

She enjoyed the charisma of them both, noticing how well they interacted with each other. It was an easy decision since she was low on staff and they both were very polite and kind. They started work in a few days, they would get a walk through the first day and get shown what they'd be working.

Back home, they lay on the couch together, pressed tightly against each other. Ashton has his arm around Luke's shoulder, allowing him to lay comfortably against his chest. They idly watch whatever is playing on television.

Ashton speaks up, "I think in the meantime I'm still going to search for other jobs that have higher pay and maybe something that I'm qualified for with my degree."

Luke nods slightly, playing with Ashton's fingers unconsciously. He heard what his boyfriend was saying but he's off in his own world as he debates whether he should mention something or not.

"Hey Ash, I was thinking about something." Luke starts.

"What is that?" Ashton replies, glancing down at his blonde boyfriend.

"How do you feel about the idea of me moving in? I'm here all the time now so there wouldn't be much of a difference. I know it's kind of a big step in our relationship and we've barely just started dating but I don't want to sleep in different bed from you." Luke replies, nervously waiting for his reaction.

Ashton takes a few second to think it over, "Actually now that you mentioned it, what if we find a different apartment after your birthday and we'll move in together?"

Luke sits up and nods, "I like that idea."

He leans down and places his lips on Ashton's, bringing them into a short lasting kiss. He's content with their relationship and how it's moving. Neither of them would want it any other way.

sorry for the delay, this should've been up earlier but i was procrastinating to finish it.

anyways, how was your week been so far, anything interesting happen?