02. Departure

"Ah! Thank you...um.."

"Eren and Mikasa." I smiled softly as him, my eyes locked with his. 

"Thank you both, we'd be in america by the time I found it if you hadn't helped."

"It was nothing really. It was the least I could do after knocking you over." He giggled softly before clasping his hands behind his back.

"I'm Armin, by the way." Armin was significantly shorter than me. I mean, even Mikasa was taller than him. He had the same beauty as any woman, perhaps more. His pale face resembled that of porcelain, contrasting with the slight redness of his cheeks. There was no denying his attractiveness, even as another man. Of course I didn't mention to Mikasa that I thought Armin was attractive- even though she was my sister and would usually support me I knew she would think I was weird. It was weird for a man to find a man attractive back then. 

"After you've settled in, would you like to go up to the deck to wave to everyone?" I asked.

"Of course, give me two seconds!"

~

The three of us rushed up the stairs, playfully giggling and joking as we did so. The door of the upper decks swung open, reintroducing us to the sunlight and luring us to the side. I peered over, smiling as my eyes caught site of the hundreds of people below us waving and cheering. The ground below us shuddered slightly as the engines reared up, steam beginning to exit the funnels on the ship. It was official- the Titanic was departing. 

"Goodbye!" I shouted, waving eagerly at the spectators. Armin and Mikasa copied, smiles plastered on all three of our faces. I wrapped and arm around Mikasa's shoulder, smiling down at the petite girl.  We were on our way.

"Ah, my throat hurts after all of that screaming!" Armin said, giggling almost inaudibly to himself, still smiling. 

"I think you shouted more than the two of us combined!" I joked, wrapping my other arm around him. We had only just met, but I felt comfortable around him, like we had known one another for years. "Were you shouting to anyone in particular?"

"Nope, in fact, I have no family in England," He says, glancing down at his boots. "That's why I'm going to America, to meet my grandfather." We walked around the deck, joking and making light conversation. Every now and again I would glance down at the blonde, smiling dorkily to myself. He was a pleasure to look at, and I felt truly honoured to be in his presence.