two

two; ice cream withdrawal tweet

Skipping to present time, finding time to hang out still managed to be a struggle. However, it was when Niall was strolling through twitter at nine in the morning on a bright and early Sunday that he stumbled across a tweet from his dear friend Harry, mentioning how he was having withdrawals from ice cream and movie marathons.

Believing he had the most brilliant idea in the world, the blonde raced out of bed to check his freezer, grinning as his eyes landed on the two new pints of ice cream he got at the store recently. He frantically scans the entirety of his kitchen searching for some kind of bag to use as a carrier. Once he scouts the brown grocery bag sticking out of the cabinet, he swiftly grabs it and places the ice cream inside, setting it aside for the moment being to retrieve a coat.

He felt like a genius, he would surprise Harry with ice cream and they could finally hang out after the several weeks he missed his brunette friend. As he checked to make sure he had everything with him, such as his phone, wallet, and keys, he stumbled through the door and swiftly locked it.

Niall smiled all the way out of his apartment and on the walk to Harry's, as he was so glad that he'd finally be spending time with him. It was quite odd, Harry and Niall's relationship. They were very close for two friends, often times being confused as lovers but they always argued they were simply friends, which they were. However, many others including their mates believed different. They were just very friendly and close with each other all the time. Was it really a crime for two good friends to cuddle and occasionally kiss each other on the cheek?

He was minutes away to reaching his friend's home when he received a text from Harry himself. He laughs, what a coincidence.

Harry: Hey Ni, you have to come over, Netflix just got new movies and I'm in need of a good cuddle. xx

Niall laughed boisterously, quickly covering it with a cough as he noticed he was still outside walking down the snowy sidewalk as others stared as they walked past him. He decided to ignore the text and fasten his pace to Harry's, urgently feeling the need to surprise him. He was glad it was so cold out, he definitely didn't want the ice cream to melt. He was in luck as today there was snow everywhere. It started to softly snow this morning and now everywhere he walked, he was surrounded by white.

He breathed a sigh of relief as he reached the apartment complex his friend lived at. He entered the doors and stood patiently in the lift up to the second floor. His phone began to buzz in his pocket so he placed the bag containing the ice cream onto the ground as he searched through his pocket to find his phone. He laughed again as a picture of Harry took over his phone screen, signaling that he was calling him. He debated whether to answer it or not but decided against it since it would only be a couple of seconds before he'd be face to face with him. He declined the call and picked the bag up from the ground. A chime sounded, signaling that he reached the second floor, so he exits the lift and lightly jogs to Harry's door.

He knocked obnoxiously on the door, causing the door to rattle. Niall could hear Harry shout something incoherent as he rushed to open the door to see who was making all the racket and as he did, he couldn't have been happier. His smile reached his cheeks as he engulfed Niall in a hug, resting his head on his shoulder. Once he was done with the current embrace him and the Irish man was in, he finally spoke.

"No wonder you didn't answer my call, I was getting worried you died or summit. Glad you're here, Ni!"

As he entered the apartment, he remarked, "I felt bad for declining the call but I was literally seconds away from you. Anyways, how have you been, pet? It feels like years since I've seen your face."

Before Harry could answer, Niall pinched his cheek jokingly and placed the ice cream on the counter, mentioning how he saw his tweet from this morning.

"You know what, this is the kind of relationship everyone needs to have with their friends. Like, I don't know anyone else who would read one of my tweets about withdrawals from ice cream and think, wow I should stop by and give him some ice cream. No one but you, Horan." Harry beamed.

"What are mates for?" Niall replied, "Hey, do you have something I can change into? Don't really want to watch movies in these skinny jeans." He questioned, motioning at the light blue pants that hugged his thighs tightly.

"Of course, just look in my drawers, I'm gonna fix us some bowls of ice cream in the meantime." Harry commented, turning his back to open his cabinets.

Niall padded his way into Harry's room where his white bedsheets were disheveled and pillows were scattered across his comforter. He crouched down to the dresser that was against the side of his room, pulling out his drawers in hunt for some nice plaid bottoms. Eventually, he discovered some red ones that felt extremely soft. Deciding he needed a warm hoodie, he scavenged through his closet and pulled out a grey one. He changed in a matter of minutes and left the set of clothes he changed out of on the ground, knowing Harry doesn't mind.

Walking back into the kitchen, he realizes that Harry already made himself comfortable in the living room. He laughed loudly as he caught sight of a patch of his unruly curls peeking out of the many blankets piled on the couch. Two bowls of ice cream sat atop the coffee table alongside two spoons and a pair of fancy, glass water bottles.

"Haz, mate, you know I love ya, but what in god's name are ya doing?" Niall snickered, sitting beside the body sprawled across the couch and pulled back part of the blankets to reveal Harry goofily grinning.

"M'cold and you were taking years to change, thought I lost you again." He gleamed, wrinkling his nose as he sat up.

Niall soon joined Harry under the covers and grabbed the ice cream, Niall having chocolate and Harry with raspberry cheesecake. Harry pressed the play button and they began to carefully focus on the movie playing.

It took a quick five minutes for them to devour their dessert so as they finished and placed their bowls back on the table, Harry scooted impossibly closer to his Irish friend. He linked their legs together clumsily and rested his head on Niall's chest, fiddling unconsciously with the drawstring on the hoodie Niall was wearing. Warmth enveloped him and he finally felt blissful after his eventful week. Today was a day he could relax and do nothing which he was very thankful for. Best of all, he was able to spend it with Niall, his best mate who he hasn't seen in a very long time.

In the middle of the action flick Harry chose earlier, a deafening sound rung throughout the apartment. It blared from the pair's iPhones as a message read across the screen. They both jumped apart at the sudden noise, scrambling to reach their mobile devices to cease the horrid sound. As they noticed what the weather alert read, they realized a horrible blizzard had occurred, stating to stay indoors as it most likely wasn't even possible to go out with all the snow blocking the exits.

Harry glanced at Niall and they both jumped to their feet to observe what the outside looked like. As they migrated to the nearest window, the only thing visible was frost and snow. Harry turned to face Niall, glancing at him to see what he was thinking.

Amused, Harry spoke, "Guess you're stuck here with me for awhile."