three

three; netflix and scrabble fights

Amused, Harry spoke, "Guess you're stuck here with me for awhile."

Niall simpered in response, "Guess that's okay, we were due for some time together anyways. As long as you have plenty of food to occupy for the time being, we'll be alright."

"Ehm, well I haven't visited the market in a while, there's a few organic snacks left and obviously the ice cream you have. Oh! I also have a couple cans of soup and a package of crackers. Other than that, there really isn't much." Harry stammered, running a hand through his hair in slight worry.

"I'm sure we'll be fine," Niall remarked. "If we happen to run out, we can always ask some of your neighbors for something to tie us over."

Harry nodded in reply, climbing onto Niall like a koala as he linked his legs together and demanded to be carried back to the couch. The blonde simply huffed but went along with it and staggered leisurely to where they formerly laid. "Off ya go," Niall ordered, yet Harry wouldn't budge and remained glued to him.

Instead of attempting to fling Harry off of him, he deemed it pointless and tried his best to sit on the couch without harming the koala attached to him. Luckily, he was able to fall backwards onto the soft cushions and lay back with Harry still attached. He relaxed more and loosened his grip around him.

"How long do you think it will last?" Harry asked curiously, placing his hand in Niall's hair and scratching his scalp softly.

"Hmm, maybe a couple days, who knows," Niall commented. "Wanna turn the news on? Maybe they know."

Harry nodded against Niall's chest, extending his arm to retrieve the remote that was inches away. He hit a few buttons and turned on the local news station as some reporter appeared on the screen in the middle of the snow storm. He was struggling to remain in one place; the heavy wind was proving difficult to stay still. The headline stated it was a five day blizzard. Niall stole a glance at Harry to perhaps see how he was feeling about the current event, he seemed fairly calm for someone who was going to be stuck inside for five days straight.

Niall thought to himself about the future of the next days they were to remain inside. It's not that he minds, because actually this couldn't have worked out better, but he questions what they're going to do. It's not like they can step outside to catch a quick bite to eat or spend their time at a bowling alley, no, they can't do any of that, they're trapped inside the comfort of Harry's apartment that is too big for one person to live alone. It wasn't the worst of situations to be in.

Harry sat up and stared at Niall for a bit to catch his attention and once he returned his gaze, Harry smiled. He didn't say anything, he didn't have to. Pressed against each other under one blanket too many, they simply smiled. It wasn't too long before they broke into laughter and doubled over about the situation they were in. Niall wasn't too sure what made it so funny, whether it was the fact that fate was finally on their side after so many weeks that now as much as they would want to escape the company of the other, they're stuck together for the end of the week, if not longer.

Maybe it was the fact that snow completely covered the window and most likely the exit leading outside, making it nearly impossible to leave and now they get to enjoy the company of each other. Either way, it was something to laugh about and it brought tears to their eyes and redness to their cheeks and it made them feel so happy.

"Day one in the snowed in adventures," Harry inquired. "What do you suppose we do, Mr. Horan?"

And as Niall thought about it, he decided today they should just stick with their original plan with the movie marathon. After a while they're bound to grow tired of lying inside all day so instead of doing anything about it, watching a variety of films and napping occasionally sounds best.

As Niall explained his thoughts, Harry ultimately agreed with it, switching back to Netflix and resuming the movie they had already started. It was fairly quiet from there on out. They were both in their own little world as the film absorbed all of their attention. Niall would occasionally twist the ends of Harry's curls in which Harry would peacefully sigh but that was all there was to it. Watching movies wasn't a complicated process, no one spoke and movie after movie they silently agreed on which one to choose merely by nodding.

It was hours later when Harry sat up and stretched his muscles, yawning loudly, that he suggests that they do something other than sit in one spot. Niall slowly rises up from his comfortable position on the couch and pads slowly to where Harry relocated. Sitting at the dining room table, the Cheshire native was setting up a game of Scrabble.

Niall chuckles, "Of course you choose to play Scrabble."

Harry glances up from the scattered letter pieces on the game board to view Niall yawning quietly as his outstretched hand scratches at the back of his neck. He's got to admit, Niall looks very relaxed in his hoodie that's one size too large on him, reaching past his hip bone, and the bright red bottoms that devour his legs, only adding on to how comfortable he looks. Harry just smirks in response, asking if the blonde feels terrified in the fact he's going to lose to the grand champion of Scrabble.

That's when the competition begins. Within minutes, obscenities are being shouted, Niall's going off about how Harry is making up words that don't exist, and Harry's very close to pulling out a dictionary to prove that there is such a word as tines (it's the sharp points on a fork). Niall just doesn't want to admit that Harry is hands down the best scrabble player ever, at least that's what the Brit believes.

It's amusing actually, the fact that it takes two grown men three and a half hours to complete one game of scrabble with an undecided winner since both of them are too stubborn to admit their faults. Harry actually lost by one point (which explains why he has a pout on his face as he continuously states that they obviously counted the points wrong) but in all technicality, Niall may have cheated a few times and stole an extra scrabble piece out of the bag a few times when Harry wasn't watching.

If that wasn't bad enough, they suddenly became part of a who-can-hit-each-other-the-most-with-the-scrabble-pieces tournament. Tiny wooden blocks are flying across the room, the game board looked as if it was ransacked, and both boys are hiding behind the two adjacent couches as they sneakily try to hit the other. Another hour or so passes and they finally have the apartment clean of wooden letters. It takes a while and Niall's pretty sure there a piece in his pants somewhere, but they fall back on the couch and sigh. For a very non-eventful day, they're both quite tired. It's when Harry checks his phone he notices it's already two in the morning.

Harry's about to speak when he realizes Niall's already passed out on the couch. Squatting down to couch level, the brunette places his arms underneath Niall and lifts him up onto his arms, effortlessly carrying him into his room and laying him underneath the covers. Eventually he joins him after he brushes his teeth and places his hair in a bun since his hair always tangles if he leaves it down. He gradually falls into a peaceful sleep.