Prologue

Silence.

That was the sound that echoed in the stillness of the night. No, it was more than that. Ever since Samael Lucifer the Morningstar was murdered, Ange became too quiet.

But, not the outside world.

Demons were now on a killing spree. While my brothers overprotectively held me back, I couldn't stand it anymore. I hated the feeling of being powerless, and contacting the only person I know who would help, I formulated a dumb, stupid, f-upped plan. I have to do something. I promised war on Sariel, and I'm not backing down.

Looking back one last time at my room, I held onto my windowsill, looking down at the pavement.

I gulped loudly.

Dumb, stupid, f-upped plan was an understatement.

Alright, Anariel, you can do this, I chanted. You're an angel, right? You probably could fly. Angels do have wings. You've done this before. What can little darkness do?

Well, make shadows move around more, perhaps?!!!!

Father in Heaven, why did you give me acrophobia?

"We're not getting any younger here, Aunt Big Sis," Keterina taunted, her golden locks cascading wavily.

I hissed back, "Try seeing it at my point of view for a change, de Arc."

I was seriously getting the hibby jibbies. This was not my best day, to say the least. I mean, enter a house filled with werewolves? Cool. Investigate a small killing spree of vampires? Awesome. Try to fight against an angel who wants you, a fallen even? Kudos for trying. But, jumping off from the window of your second storey bedroom? Yipers pipers. Hell to the N-O.

Welp, here goes nothing.

My luggage in hand, I closed my eyes. The wind blew through my face, causing bile to rise while a banshee-like scream wanted to tear itself from me. Patiently, I waited for the pain of hitting the ground to arrive, but, I was received by warm arms. I opened my eyes slowly, seeing none other than Keterina's annoying husband, he dropped me on my behind on purpose.

"This is injustice," I glared.

He rolled his eyes, muttering, "Come on."

Goodbye, 'Merica. Hello, Philippines.