Shit Just Got Real

Mizuki/Anariel

"Evacuations have been imposed by the government as horned-like creatures continue to appear -"

"- legends that conspiracy speaks of the Vatican's involvement. According to an expert -"

"- The fire started as an act done by what resembled four horned creatures. The Werewolves who reported and witnessed -"

"-Ange has given no opinions at their missing bro-"

I turned the television off after channeling the damn thing for the unknown time of the day.

I was in a hotel room, my body sitting at the edge of the bed while my hands were on my head. My knees were used for support as anger and frustration built in me.

I turned to look at my idle companion, who was flicking through Filipino gossip magazines with interest, his wavy reddish brown hair reminding me oh, so much of his father, yet, his dark brown eyes and slightly feminine face claimed the face of Joan de Arc.

"How long?" I asked.

Dmitri Johanneques de Arc raised his head and spoke cheerily, "Just a bit. We're close to HQ, and we're just waiting for the current grandmaster to give us the sign. Besides," he turned to face the window near his couch, "now that Sariel made his defiance clear, there's no telling what he will do."

I nodded.

Though Philippines was a safe place, he wanted to make sure I was safe-er. Since the country was overrun by overly zealous religious people, no demon seem keen to charge in. I was even wondering if it was the president, Rodrigo Duterte, who seemed powerful enough to stop demon invasion with his amazingly strong will and determination.

Awesome president.

We were technically hiding in the small hotel called Apo View. It was a white building with approximately awesome buffet at the ground floor with Chinese themes more often than not. We were trying to be inconspicuous, and this hotel seemed decent enough.

Dmitri was also self-conscious. In the Philippines, and I quote, 'Motels and inns sorta have a bad ring to it. It relates to the fact that most cheating men bring their mistresses there. As much as playing hide and seek with Mr. Obsessed is fun, I don't want people to think otherwise.' And, he added something about avoiding La Vida Inn and Oh! George... whatever they were.

Directing my thoughts to America, my guts cringed at recalling the phone call Dmitri received just yesterday.

"Dmitri," Mike's voice echoed in anger, "where is she?"

"She's not with us," he lied smoothly through the speaker phone he used in his house somewhere in Lanang. "I would tell you if I could."

"You don't understand," Mike croaked, his voice filled with devastation, "I need her here with us. I..." There was a hitch in his breathing, followed by a gut-wrenching sob.

I left the room, couldn't stand the heartache that followed.

We haven't heard from Mike and the others ever since. More so, Mike or anyone else didn't try to reach out again.

I looked at Dmitri's outdated phone and viewed the number of miss calls and messages. They stopped coming two days ago. He lent me the phone the moment my escape from Ange came into play after my episode of a tantrum a few weeks back.

A hand reached out to me. Looking at the person, Dmitri took a serious expression, his face back to its facade.

"The Grandmaster gave us a go," he said.

The ride went very slow. In Davao, the speed limit was only 30 km/ph. The taxi, which was pearly purple, drove at that speed through the crowded streets. It took us thirty minutes to reach a village called Ladislawa. It was well guarded, with those weird poles that stopped cars as the guards inspected the ride.

"Tzuki Garcia," Dmitri spoke.

The guards let us in swiftly.

According to what Dmitri told me, the place was for the rich, and the old man was at the millionaire's lot. I was utterly unconvinced until I arrived a mansion.

"W-o-w," was my reaction. "なによこれ。。。子にかんじが?"

What the hell...is this feeling?

"Wards," was what Dmitri said.

I looked at him, wondering how he understood, but, I ignored that curiosity and focused on his next words.

"As the Grandmaster, he needs to be protected, be it white or dark power. He is neither good nor bad. He serves only."

Another curious thing, but, I pushed it at the back of my head as the navy blue gates opened to reveal the inside of the house.

Holy granola even Ange was not this ostentatious!!!!

Standing in front of us was a man. I wouldn't say he was fat, but kinda chubby in a good way with an acceptably nice undercut hair and brown eyes surrounded by his round face. He was wearing a fancy checkered Polo shirt with red and dark red colors. By guess, he was around his early forties. Amidst this, he was kind of good looking.

A feeling passed me by, and his species was confirmed.

Human.

A frown marred my face. How can a human lead Nephelim? It struck me as really odd.

"Mizuki," Dmitri introduced formally, "this is Tzuki Garcia. He is the current Grandmaster of the Freemasons situated here in the Philippines."

"Hello," I greeted, reaching out to shake his hand.

"Anariel," he smiled. "Don't worry. I know what's going on. I have been spoken to before you and I formally met."

I gave him a suspicious look, in which he replied to, "Michael speaks highly of you, but I have yet to see..." he trailed off.

A girl that I didn't notice before who was slightly shorter than me, bristled closer. She was chinkey-eyed, with a Chinese face and fair skin. She was dressed quite fashionably, with a blue, flower-printed shirt of lilacs topped with a maong jacket that reached up to her breasts. Her hair was the color of ebony that reached pass her shoulders with small brown streaks.

"This is my daughter," he said proudly. "Christine Garcia, a member of Job's Daughter," he eyed me meaningfully, "which is a subbranch to ours."

"Hi," the girl said shyly.

I blushed, admiring her beauty. She had innocence written on her. Her beauty was quite attractive.

I heard stories from Raph about something like this happening. Technically, angels have no gender, and, it was not uncommon for something like this happening, me having a crush on her already, that is.

Sir Tzuki looked at his daughter with a questioning gaze. "Asa naman iyung isa?"

"Papunta pa daw po siya," was her reply.

Who is coming? And, Holy Yogurt, I could understand them!!! Another new ability!!! Thank you, Daddy!

I was euphoric, gazing at Dmitri who gave me a knowing look.

I knew that angels could understand different languages, but, I didn't expect that ability to manifest sooner.

I was drawn back at the sight of a British guy walking in, entering in his ever dark glory.

"Sorry, I'm late," he swaggered, pausing the moment he and I faced eye to eye.

In unison, we exclaimed, "YOU?!!!" in overlapping accents.