Chapter Twelve- Gifts

Hello again! I want to apologize for the delay in updating, its been very busy for me lately. I'll try to update as much as I can. Of course all rights of the Twilight Saga and its original characters go to Stephenie Meyer, I only 'own' the plot idea for this pairing and the new non-original characters of the series. 

___________________________________________________________

Previously: 

________

"Sulpicia...if you were married now, of all important times, it wouldn't be as easy for them to look at you as a Harlot, or as a Strega. If they saw you married, and as a true wife and companion to a powerful man, then Aldo could not simply use the excuse of how you are a Harlot wanting to cause trouble as a Strega."

(Strega - Witch)

Sulpicia swallowed nervously, she was not liking the direction in which this was going and she began to move her fingers nervously to her arm. "I-I see.." She stuttered quietly.

Benedetto reached forward and took her hand into his, looking her in the eyes. "If you were my wife, you would not have to fear for this trial to end badly. You'd be protected, we'd make them see Aldo was the true evil. I can protect you, Sulpicia. You have the choice here and now to realize what is your best option." 

Shock was sent in waves through Sulpicia, who for now remained silent.

But outside the home, anger was going through Aro as his body began to tremble from how angry he was. This man...this...filth, was trying to use this trial and Sulpicia's life in order to make her think she'd be saved by becoming his wife.

HIS wife, it was the most absurd thing he could even think of! This man was trying to steal his mate, Aro considered her as his mate and the threat of another man trying to steal her was making him want to rip out Benedetto's throat with his teeth.  He wouldn't lie if he was asked, but expected Sulpicia to begin saying no, to say that her heart already belonged to another.

But...the silence that followed began to make him feel uneasy, and far more angrier.

___________________________________________________________________________

Now: 

Chapter Twelve-  Gifts

___________________________________________________________________________

The silence that followed continued to make Aro feel more rage, but he forced himself to remain silent and stay frozen in place. He heard Sulpicia's heart rate was faster, he willed it to slow so she would not become too anxious, or worse. 

Sulpicia took a deep breath and blinked her eyes, looking at Benedetto. "I...I cannot believe what I am hearing Mr. Marcello..."

"Ben, Sulpicia. Please, Mr. Marcello is too former. I could protect you from here on out, you'd be proven innocent, yet feared as well. But not in...this way. Lady Marcello has a better sound to it than Strega now doesn't it?" Benedetto smiled at her and watched her closely.

"It seems..you've backed me into a corner Ben..." Sulpicia glanced down at her hands and took in a slow, yet deep breath. Ben reached across and took her hands into his very gentle-like, which was not anything like she'd seen of him before.

"I do not mean to make you feel you have no other choice in the matter, Sulpicia. But I am not getting any younger, and I refuse to watch an innocent woman be dragged down in the mud when she deserves so much more. You, Sulpicia, deserve greatness." 

His words hit a nerve in Sulpicia, and she decided to stay silent to not say something she did not mean. How could she allow this to continue? He was a dangerous man, and she had also grown feelings for Aro! The simple idea of being anyone else's made her feel like a traitor to Aro, she felt as if she was betraying everything that her and Aro stood for.