Chapter 2: The Second Trial

"Hey." Jeff typed. "Just wanted too tell you, happy birthday." He clicked the "Done" button and a little animation of the message being shoved in an envelope and sent away popped up. He sighed. Ruby wasn't on so he couldn't say it directly to her in chat. 'God I hope she's alright. After yesterday I'm starting to think her condition is getting worse than it even is. Though she could just be faking it. She does seem like the kind of person who'd do that....' He shook his head, wanting to believe that Ruby of all people was as innocent as he was. Though through his past web experience, it's entirely plausible. He inhaled and got up, then exhaled as he began walking to his door. The light of the house hit him like a truck. His eyes were so used to the dimness of his room that he forgot how bright his mother keeps the house. "Jeff mind helping me?!" His sister yelled. He walked down the wooden step, the 19th, 14th, 10th and 3rd steps making a loud creak. When he got down he was greeted by a furry little corgi breathing with his tongue out at Jeff. He pet Lucas making a half way grin. He saw his sister struggling with several grocery bags, all of course, full of bud light. He helped her get them onto the table and take each and every beer out of its case and into the fridge for her huge party tonight. "God Jeff you wouldn't believe how many of my friends were at the grocery store, Janet was buying pretzels, as always, Brooke bringing the Chris Pratt movies, it was great." Jeff snickered at his sisters story. He always found the Janet stories the funniest seeing as he found her behavior utterly hilarious. Jeff took some Cocoa Puffs from the cupboard and put it in a bowl. He wished his sister actually bought food instead of just booze. 'Hope your okay,' he thought. 'Ruby.'

Progress Saved