Chapter 4: The Fourth Fortune

The day has passed as if he was a ghost. It was almost as if the sky itself worried about Ruby's well being so much it began to cry, and then that crying turned into sobbing. The house laid quiet apart from the thunder. His sister went to go "sleep over" at her boyfriends yesterday and his mother had too go on a business trip. His mother was so busy she had too put so much trust in him not too destroy the house while she's gone. He laid on his bed, his head slightly turned to his monitor, checking if the message "Party member RadRuby logged on" it was almost as if the screen was mocking him saying "she's dead, give up. You two never had any real bond anyway." A notification appeared, Jeff's heart skipped a beat as he rushed to his desk, almost dropping his headset. He slowly clicked on the notification. Alas, it was just a reminder that the in game store is 50% off. He felt more drained than ever, he pondered if it was even worth hoping that Ruby was alive. Maybe he should've just forgotten her. He shook away the thought. He sighed and walked down stairs. He opened up the fridge hoping his mother had at least left some left over pizza from work. Her job always seemed so fun, sit down, take a few calls in an almost unnatural voice, go to a staff party and come home. Too Jeff's surprise, there was some left over steak, Jeff's favorite. He threw the slab of meat onto a plate and put it in the microwave. The sound of it broke the houses silence, giving Jeff something else to focus on. He thought about how warm it is in there, how warm it would be to hug someone that warm, how warm Ruby's touch could be...his thought was interrupted by the microwave signaling that it was finished with Jeff's makeshift meal. He sat down in the dining room and ate. He always preferred sitting at the head of the table. Let him imagine having a family of his own and him being the respected father. He never told anyone this because he thought it was stupid to do so. Yet he wanted too, he wanted too know true love and knowing that someone loves him. He wanted to know how it felt to be alive.

Progress Saved.