Chapter Four

This asshole was cheating on my mom.

"It's not what it looks li-" He began, but I cut him off.

"You fucking bastard!" I hissed.

"Aria-"

"NO! You don't get to speak. My mom had been through enough with my dad, and your ass is gonna turn around and cheat on her."

"That wasn't-"

"You're having a fucking affair. Do you have any idea what this will do to her! You and whoever that was can rot in hell!"

"THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER!" He shouted. I froze.

"Y-your cheating on my mom with your daughter?" I stood back, and he looked at me with a look like me was mentally calling me a dumbass.

"N-no, I- god!" He stuttered turning away from me.

"I'm arranging a honeymoon vacation for your mother, since we didn't get one after marrying at the cathedral. It's a surprise." He responded, hurt and disappointment evident in his voice.

"My daughter, Gemma, is helping me out. She's a professional wedding planner." My mouth dropped and formed and 'o'.

"Well, how do I believe you?" I stayed stubborn. He pulled out his phone and showed me the texts between him and Gemma. They were similar to what he said on the phone with her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess because it's my mom, she's been through enough. When my dad cheated on her, it was...she was-" he cut me off.

"Or was it you were neglected enough after your dad left, you were trying to save yourself from having to taking care of your mother. Well look here, you just take care of yourself. I've got your mother."

"You barely even know her." I grunted

"But I love her. You barely know Harry." He raised his eyebrows. My heart stopped.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I stuttered, my fingers fiddling with one another.

"Come on, Aria. I know you guys try to act like you hate each other, but face it, you guys have become like besties, or whatever they call it these days." I exhaled deeply.

"Tell the truth, Honey. You and Harry have become super close, huh?"

'Closer than you think' I thought, remembering the incident in his bathroom literally less than 10 minutes ago.

"I guess." I answered. Matthew took a few steps closer to me, and pulled me into a hug.

"Not to be disrespectful, but I'm not your father. I told you this all already. I'm pretty hurt that you would think I could ever have an affair. I mean your mother is crazy, but not affair crazy." He furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I'm sorry, okay, but I can't take her having another broken heart." I rolled my eyes, and he grabbed me by the sides of my head and kissed my forehead.

"Whoa, what's going on in here?"

"Just having a discussion, son. Might I ask what you are doing." Matthew shoved his hands I the pockets of his dress slacks.

"I apologize of I was interrupting important." Damn, why do they talk so proper.

"I was just looking for Aria." I turned and gave him a glare, and he shot me one of his famous cheeky, cupcake smiles.

Those smiles made him look like a frog. A cute, curly headed frog.

"Oh, well, I think our conversation is over with now, she's free. Maybe you guys can start lunch." Matthew smiled, resembling the one on his son's face. He walked past us and towards his bedroom.