Chapter Twelve

Harry

I watched the tears form in her eyes as she slowly shut the door, leaving me standing there alone in the hallway.

God I feel terrible. I didn't mean for it to go this far, I didn't mean for her to fucking fall in love with me. Why would anyone fall for me? When they can have so much more.

I strolled back to my room with my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants. My mind kept replaying the look on her face when she told me. And I remembered the things I did. What I did to her. Kissing her the first day I knew her. Sleeping with her after few weeks after. I lead her on. God, I'm such a fucking prick.

She's my step sister. Once our parents officially take vows, that's it. Us being together is no longer possible. Even now it isn't.

My door was closed as I began taking off my shirt. When I got to my pants, there was a light knock on my door. I pulled them back up quickly before tying them, and giving whoever was at my door at fucking midnight permission to come in.

"Baby," my grandmother's soft voice spoke as she peered her head through the door. She came in and sat on my bed.

"I didn't know you had tattoos," she gave a look at all of the ink across my body.

"Um, yeah. I uh- have a few."

"What's wrong with your sister," she asked.

"Gemma's fine I think. She doesn't seem too -"

"I mean Aria." My face cringed at the way she referred to her, and she instantly noticed.

"I know she's not your biological sister, but just using technical terms love..I feel worried about her she seems....disturbed,"

"She's fine." I lied. "Just-we're both having a hard time breaking things in." I hid my face from my grandmother because I don't know what my expression reads right now.

"Why did she run out of the house?"

"I'm not sure, Gran." I snapped a little too hard. My face soften and I took a deep breathe. "I think that's something you should ask her."

"I don't know if that's my place, honey. I don't know her."

"Well she's family now, I guess. You should get to know her." My Gran gave me a soft smile before resting her chin on my shoulder. She's so small and frail.

"Have you talked to your mum?" Her voice was more sympathetic with the new subject. I felt my heart tear when I thought of my mother. I missed her so much. I'd give anything to have her in my Gran's place right now.

"No..I need to. I will-maybe tomorrow. No, tomorrow is perfect. I'll call." She rubbed my back as I struggled for words.

"Okay, darling. I hope you're okay." She leaned her head an my shoulder, and as she raised up from my bed, she placed a kiss on my hair.

"I love you." She made her way out of my room and shut the door behind her.

I laid down slowly, my mind wandering over to Aria. I felt like shit, but how could she love me in so little time. The thought made my head spin, so sooner or later my mind wandered somewhere else and eventually I fell asleep.

Aria

The bright light coming from my window shined directly on my face, making it scrunch up as it woke me. I rubbed my eyes...they're so sore for crying last night. Everything was just shit. At this point I don't even know if I truly love Harry. It was just something I felt at the time. But now I feel nothing.

And Niall. He was so kind to me. I wish I would've had more time with him.

And Matthew, what he said to me made me feel like a bitch. I treated him so terribly without a second thought on getting to know him.