Chapter Eleven

"Matthew, what are you doing here?" His concerned yet confused face ignored my question as he stepped in the house.

"..I could ask the same? Why are you here?" He glanced around the house, searching for I don't know what.

"I ran into someone..but I was going to go home later. I just needed some ti-"

"No, how do you know Niall?" He cut me off, raising an eyebrow. I turned around, looking for Niall, my heart racing and confused.

Niall's humming voice approached behind me and a smile appeared on his face when he saw Matthew .

Matthew stepped from beside me, embracing Niall with a handshake, and the. A hug. What the actual fuck, why me?

"Aria, this is Harry's best mate, Niall."

"I-I didn't know you knew Harry ." I stuttered unintentionally, my head turned away trying not to think of the face I fell for much too quickly.

"Matthew-" I heard Niall whispered as he pulled him away. Niall wasn't a good whisperer. But fuck, Matthew was.

"Why is she here." Was all I heard from him, and he sounded quite irritated yet relieved.

"I bumped into her and she seemed pretty torn up and she was shivering cold. I offered her to come here and-" But Matthew kept cutting him off.

Matthew then turned to me, his face deeply frowned.

"Your mom is worried fucking sick, Aria. We should go home right now." He reached for my arm, but I snatched away. I felt the lump in my throat like I was about to cry, and I mentally slapped myself for letting this man make me so goddamn emotional.

"I'm not ready to go home. Especially not with you." I took a few steps from him. I felt like I've been being too extra this past month, but I can't help it. I can't help but be so stubborn.

"Aria," he took a breath as if he was trying to calm himself, "I need to take you home."

"Why? It's not like I'm wanted there anyway." Matthew's eyes turner sore, and be walked towards the door, opening it. Niall came and out a hand on my shoulder.

"I think it's best you go home, Aria. I don't want you getting in any trouble. You can call me later if you still need me." he reached for my phone, and I opened it for him. I heard the sound of the keys clicking before he handed it back to me.

"Thanks for helping me.." I slowly stepped away from him.

"Of course. But for future reference, don't go to a strangers house no matter how nice they seem. I was just being nice, I didn't actually think you take me up on my offer. But lucky I'm just a simple Irish boy." He chuckled, and it sounded musical. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment, and I nodded before walking out of the door.

When I got in the car with Matthew he hit the steering wheel, making me jump. He leaned his head back and sighed before speaking.

"What did I do to make you dislike me so much, Aria..I just can't understand. I've tried and tried and tried and I've done nothing but push you away further." My heart ached with guilt as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, something his son also did a lot.

"I- I don't know... I guess I just miss my dad. And the family that I used to have. It's not easy. And Harry makes it so much worse-"

"Harry? What has Harry done?" I shut my mouth, and my stomach turned, thinking of something to tell him.

"He's just..not the nicest guy." Matthews head fell as he shook it.

"I apologize on his behalf, and I'll talk to him when we get home, but I'm sorry you missing your father gives you no right to disrespect your mother, and also be rude to me as well. I may not be your dad, but I am an adult, and I know well enough that you know that much." He started the car, and instantly drove off, Niall's house fading behind us.

He had struck me by surprise, and I had realized that I hadn't been fair to him. Or my mom for that fact..but she was just so fucking extra now that she was married to him.. maybe just because she doesn't want repeated history with my father. After all, it was his decision to leave not only her, but me too.

In about 5 minutes, he pulled up to our house, and I hesitated while taking off my seatbelt.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just..I feel bad but, I'm not ready to face everyone I just feel so embarrassed." This was only partially true. I really just didn't want to face Harry.

"No one is judging you, Aria. Just maybe get some rest for the night, okay?" I nodded slightly as we both got out of the car. He opened the door, and my legs wobbled as I stepped inside. There was no one around.

"Everyone decided to get to bed after I went out to look for you." At that moment, something suddenly hit me.

"How did you find me?" His face stiffened, a little embarrassed.

"Your mother has a track on your phone to know where you are at all times." I rolled my eyes and muttered 'of course' under my breathe.

"Well, good night. And um..thank you." He nodded, and ran his fingers through his graying hair just like he did in the car.

"It's what I do for my family." He said as I turned away, and my stomach felt like it had dropped. God, I am such a bitch.

A few tears spilled as I walked up the stairs to my bedroom, but I quickly wiped them away.

I went to my room and went to open my door.

"Hey," and musical voice said behind me, making me jump. I didn't dare turn around. I just sucked in a sharp breathe, and opened my door. A larger hand went over mine, and shut it closed again.

"Aria, please talk to me." I turned away, and my throat instantly burned as my heart felt like it had broke. Harry's eyes were red, as if he had been crying. Crying because of me?

"I don't want to talk, Harry. I- I just can't talk to you right now." I turned away and attempted to open my door once more, and he let me.

"Please, just let me talk-"

"Maybe in the morning." I was now in my room, ready to close my door. He just looked at me, but there was hope in his eyes. He nodded before turning away, and walking back to his room.

I shut my door and a tear spilled down my face again. A big part of me hoped to wake up the next morning and fall out of love with him. But an even bigger part of me knew there was no chance a smile like his could go unloved as long as I saw it every time I closed my eyes.

*************************************
Ohhhhhhh my babies I'm soooo sorry. I haven't updated in what over a year. I hope you haven't left me completely I'm gonna try and update more this summer when I'm not so busy.

Love you my little lovebugs. I'll try to update my other stories as well and please go check those out if you haven't already!!!!

Love,
Laia </3