Chapter 2

Valerie's POV

"Wake up!!" someone yelled

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Demi and Kelly sitting next to me.

"Morning" I mumbled

"Good morning Val! You have to get up. It's already 5.30AM and the auditions start at 8AM" Demi said with a smile on her face.

I got up.

"We gotta go. We have to get ready as well. Remember: At 6.30 in the lobby! They'll do our make up in the green room so you don't have to do it" Kelly reminded me.

They left and I made my way to the bathroom. The first thing of my morning routine: I have to weigh myself. I took of my clothes and stepped on the scale. 87 pounds!! I lost weight! I'm still too fat though.

I really wanted to cut but I was in a hurry so I decided not to and to take my blade with me. After showering I took on my dress. It was black and ended on my mid thigh. I could see my thigh gap. I'm very proud of it. Then I did my hair and covered up my scars. I looked at my phone 6.24AM. Ready in time. I left my suite. Mario and Rex were standing infront of my door, waiting for me.

We were in the lobby at point 6.30AM. Everyone else was already there so we left.

 ----------------------- at North Charleston Coliseum----------------------------

We arrived in the green room and everyone was in a hurry. Producers and the whole crew were running around. They wanted everything to be perfect for the show. I just sat there watching them while someone did my make up.

Half an hour later everyone was ready. Kelly and Demi looked as stunning as always and Simon wore his weird pants and his way to tight white t-shirt...as always. We sat on the couches backstage, waiting until the show started. Only a couple of minutes to go so we stood up and made our way to the stage.

I'm soooo excited! The moment we stepped on the stage the crowd went CRAZY. They were screaming, clapping, jumping and some of them were actually crying. It was just overwhelming.

"You know the rules. A million dollars to the winner. Good luck" Simon told the audience and the contestants who were watching the show backstage at the contestants waiting room.

We sat down at the panel and the show begun...

-------------------4 hour later-------------------------

This job is really not as easy as it sounds... We  saw some really talented people and some who were...well...just terrible. Saying "No" is very hard, because that's how you destroy the contestants dream.

Simon wanted to take a break so that is what we did. I sat in the green room and checked my twitter when Demi and a young girl walked right up to me.

"Hey Valerie! I want you to meet my little sister Maddie" Demi said.

"Hi Maddie. Nice to meet you" I smiled and pulled her in a hug.

She was so excited she looked like she was gonna faint every second.

"H-h-hi" she stutterd

Valerie:" Have we met before? You look kinda familiar"

Maddie:"Not that I know "

Valerie:"Now I know!! You were on Desperate Housewives. You played Juanita Solis"

Maddie:"You  watched the show?!?!?!"

Valerie:"Of course! It was one of my favourite shows"

Demi:"I'm gonna leave you two alone. I got something to do"

Maddie:" Okay. See ya"

Maddie and I talked for about ten minutes then she had to go back to her and Demi's parents. Turned out she's a huge fan of mine. She was really cool and very mature and smart for her age. We even exchanged numbers. She may only be 11 years old but I was sure that we're gonna be good friends.

I took my phone out and went on twitter to read my mentions. Some of the tweets caught my eye...

@ValerieSucks: Valerie King is a fat and ugly bitch!!!  I hope she gets hit by a car

@SluttyValerie: If I never get to see Valerie King's face again... it'd be too soon

What have I ever done to those people? Suddenly I felt that weird tickle... I needed to cut. Pronto! I got my handbag and went to the next bathroom. After locking the door I took out my blade and sat on the floor leaning against the wall.

"The break will be over in five minutes" I heard someone yell.

Fuck! I really had to cut. I ran my blade twice over my arm but not too deep so that it hardly bled. I washed it away and coverd the new cuts up quickly. Then I ran back to the green room where everybody was waiting.

Demi:"Thanks for talking to Maddie. She's obsessed with you so it meant alot to her"

Valerie:"No problem. She's very cool. We're gonna be good friends"

Demi:"Haha! That's nice to hear. So what did you do the rest of the break?"

"Umm...I-I talked to my mom.She called me" I lied "What did you do?"

"I had lunch with Kelly"

"Cool..."

The auditions continued.

------------------------after the auditions---------------------

That was exhausting! We just sat there almost the whole time and when the last contastant for the day left we had to go meet some fans who bought a backstage pass and take some photos with them. Unfortunatly there were also some paparazzi and we had to be extremly friendly and wave to smile to the camera. For some reason they were way more after me than usual.

After about 20 minutes we were allowed to leave.

----------------------back in the hotel---------------------

I let myself fall on my bed and sighed because I had to do the same thing tomorrow again. I guess the pictures we just took were already all over the internet. So I decided to check them out and see if I look good. I typed Valerie King in and googled myself. There were already 31 new articles about me and when I looked at some of their head lines I was shocked.

Is Valerie King cutting?

Is the pressure to high for Valerie King?

I clicked on the first one from thehollywoodgossip.com and a picture popped up infront of me. It was from earlier. It showed me waving and smiling to the camera. There was an arrow pointing at my wrist. Where you could clearly see the two new cuts from lunch break.

CRAP!!!!

The article read:

Is Valerie King cutting herself?

We hope this report are not true!

New rumors are all over the internet around Valerie King, as paparazzi have published photos that appear to depict the star's troubling habit of cutting herself, self-muntilation reaction that some use to deal with difficult emotional issuses.

We hope Val is okay though.

I need to think of something...quick. But all I could do was sit on the floor and sob. How could I be so stupid?

My rule number two was: ALWAYS check if the scars are coverd up.

Rule number one was: NEVER eat if you don't have too.

I was shaking and sobbing. After an hour of just crying I suddenly felt that familiar itch in my arms...I needed to cut!!!

A/N: Hey guys! Sooooooo that's Chapter 2! I hope you like it. Comment and let me know what you think :) The girl in the picture on the side is Valerie by the way :*