Chapter 5

Valerie's POV

Whatever it takes! She's gonna help me...whatever it takes...Wow. It actually sounds like she cared. Does she? Can I trust her? I really don't know. Nobody ever gave a shit about how I was, so why would she? This whole situation was just confusing. And another question popped into my head: Do I want to get better? Not really... and what if she tells somebody?

"Please don't tell anyone, Demi. I don't want the world to know what a freak I am"

"Valerie you are NOT a freak, okay? And I'm not gonna tell your secret. Recovering with the public watching you is terrible"

"Thank you" I blurted out and hugged her.

She put her arms around my body and I felt something I've never felt before. I felt save. This is a complete new feeling for me... and I loved it.

"Okay, so at first you're gonna give me your blades" Demi commended "Where are they?"

"Umm...okay. They're in my handbag" I said. There is NO way I'll give all of them to her. Maybe one or two but I really have to cut every now and then.

She grabbed my bag and went through it. After around one minute she had found the two blades that I had in there. Little did she know that I had a whole collection of these at home.

"This is gonna be very hard. But I know you can do this Valerie" she wiped my tears away. I nodded although I knew that there was no fucking chance that I was gonna stop cutting. I just needed it

"What are you doing the next two weeks?" Demi asked.

"We'll start shooting the pilot for my new TV-show"

"Okay...Is your mom still on holiday?"

Valerie:" Yes. She won't come back until the 20th"

Demi:"The 20th? In 18 days? You're 15...you can't stay alone for that long, especially not in your state"

I really do not like where this is going...

Valerie:" It's okay. I'll be on set from 5AM to around 11PM anyway. I won't be alone that long and actually I would only be alone for 14 days since the next auditons are in two weeks"

Demi:"No that's not okay. Who knows what you could do to yourself within those 6 hours. It's my duty, as a responsible adult, to make sure you're being looked after"

Oh no...please don't suggest what I think you're about to suggest.

Demi:"You're gonna stay with me" 

Valerie:"No Demi. I'll be fine on my own. But thanks for the offer"

Demi:"Oh hunny...That wasn't an offer. You'll stay with me. Pointe"

Valerie:"Pointe? You mean punto"

Demi:"Can't speak spanish..."

She won't change her mind...Dang it. I guess I'm stuck with her for 18 fucking days.

---------------------------- back in L.A.------------------------------

 After we landed we went to my house first so I could pack some of the things I'll need. When we arrived I headed to my room. Demi waited downstairs in the living room.

I emptied my suitcase and put fresh clothes, make-up, a book and, of course, blades in it. But I obviously hid them...just in case.

I heard Demi's voice yell "Are you done? Ready to leave?"

"Yes. Just one minute" I answered and made my way to her.

Demi:"Got everything you need?"

Valerie:"I think so"