No journal #5

Sitting at the dinner table sandwich in hand, I took the largest bite I could manage. Sighing in bliss as I felt the hunger pains ease and disappear.

After finishing I stretch and decided to go to my room. I desperately wanted to make sense of my dreams from the past week or so. And also the weird feeling I got earlier upon seeing that shadow.

Quickly running up the stairs I make my way to my room and pull out a notebook I kept in my bag.

Flipping to the next clean page I get a pencil and a blue pen and start writing until I pause.

There really wasn't a need to write down these things. Sighing I put my notebook and writing materials in my bag.

Flopping backwards on my bed I stare at the ceiling and think. What if I don't need to remember. What if the reason I forgot was because they were painful memories.

I gave a slight frown. One side of me wanted to desperately remember, just so I could feel complete again. But on the other hand, I was scared of the truth. What if being here was a mistake and was traumatic enough to make me forget. Did I really want to relive those painful memories of there were any?

Of course I did, or my name isn't (y/n)!

I start thinking about eyeless jack. He said not to strain myself, but so far I'm feeling fine, minus the fatigue. Because apparently sleeping only counts if you aren't conscious in your dreams. Sadly I can't control straining myself much anymore.

But truthfully I couldn't help having those dreams almost 100% of the time. So I technically wasn't straining myself at least not consciously.

I continue to stare at the ceiling. I wonder who I'll dream of next. Who will I remember. Who will finally be able to connect with again.

Sighing yet again I turn my head and look at my closet. The door was open.... Which would've been fine had I left it open. My mind instantly went to the shadow and if someone had broken into my room while I had eaten. Slowly and ever so carefully I creep closer the only hiding place in the room, the closet, the and grab both handles of either side of the doors before flinging them open and frantically looking around the closet.

Nothing but clothes and a two pairs of shoes. Nothing special. That was until I caught glimpse of something carved into the wall. It was a name. Carved very tiny and you'd have to look closely to read it if you even ever saw it. The word etched into the wall read Zalgo. The name held no significance what so ever to the me now. But it did to the me back than. Touching the carving in the wall I pick myself up and close the closet door before turning around.

Zalgo. That name was definitely not familiar. No one had even mentioned it before. So it most likely wasn't someone who lived here unless said person was rarely ever seen. But the gut feeling I had was urging me not to tell anyone of the name. My gut was telling me to hide it from everyone. But I couldn't quite place my finger on why I had to hide it.

It was just a name. Just a person. Or maybe monster considering where I am now. This Zalgo was probably some creature of the night if not worse. But still even at the possible threat, I still had the feeling I should hide this. Even if they already know I still felt as though I should let them believe I don't know of him or her.....or gender neutral thing, person.

Closing the door I turn around and grab my jacket slipping it on and grabbing my bag.  Even though it's crazy I wanted to see if I could find this shadow. Even if it was just someone that lives here it would at least put my mind at ease.

Quickly walking down the stairs I stand I front of the door, hand on handle about to turn it, until someone grabs my wrist and turns me around.

It was Slenderman.

"Hello." I stare at his blank face awaiting a response.

"Where are you going?" He seems almost worried.

"I wanted to go walk around the woods." I stare pleadingly at his face and place my other hand on the door handle.

He nods slowly and slowly releases my wrist and walks off.

Raising one eyebrow I mentally shrug and leave through the door. I mean I guess I'd be pretty on edge too if I were in his place, but there can't be any harm in going exploring around the woods. I wasn't even going to go far in my search of the shadow. I mean I doubt if even find who it was since its been a bit since I'd last seen it.

Lightly closing the door behind me I start walking around the trees that the shadow had been at the past two times. There was nothing too noticeable. That is aside from the claw marks going along the trees. I don't know when is started following them but eventually I lost site of the mansion and was now completely lost since if started searching blank trees in search of the claw marks.

My head snapped around I as heard the sound of someone scratching at the tree. Quickly and as quietly as I could I walked towards the sound only to come face to face with a black and red colored creature who had horns and a terrifyingly wide smile.

Everything went fuzzy. Not staticky. But fuzzy and blurry as I faded into unconsciousness. And I heard this man say something that chilled me to the very core.

With his scratchy, staticky voice he

said, "Ḩ̯̙͇̖̠̮̳̫̣̖̗̗̣͔̼̺̖̳͉͖̎̐̂̉̍̈́̏͌̌̄͗̾͂̈͂̕̕̕͝͝ê̛̬̳͉͙̳̼͓̘͓̣̠̥̘̟̜̘̺̬͉̱̆͊̒̅͗̇̇̄͊͑̐̿̌̔̉̾̆͑͘͝l̛̹̹̱̘͙̞̞̦̭͎̩̪̦̘͔̝͖̽̃̂̍̾̒͗̀̋͒̆̃̔̈́͌̎̚̚͜͜͝ļ̢̢̢̞̺̭̬̣̞̰̤̰̩͔̯̖͙̻̀̓̑͊̐̅̋̈́̉̎̋̇̊̒͒̈́̽͘̚͝͝ǫ̛̭̭̘̳͓͖͚̘̤͖̻͓̗͇̲͖͋́͋͌̾̎͐̀̽͋̌̈́̍͗̍̉͘̚͜͜͝͝ͅ,̡̧̨̛̺̺̘͎̣̙͔̹̖̪̣̪̘͖͚̦̿̓̋̏̋̈́̍̑͂̽͆̎͗̎͒̋̕̚̚͠ ̡̡̡̢̩̬͉̘̦̖͉̲̰̝̙̗̣̬͎̹̺͂͒̀̆̈́́̐̆̄̋͐̂̒̋̅̂͋͛̏̚ͅĮ̢̧̛̖̮̯̭̬̦̼̹͇̝̳̝̫͙̠̆̅̽̎̀̀͋́̓̋͂̉̃͛̈́̃̓̚ͅ'̡͎̥͉͚͉͖̠̩͕͚̹͕̺̙͍̲̫̩͓̘́̔͋̓͑͋́͑̽̏̂́͐̑̂͆͒̕̕͠m̧̢̢̛̩͔̟͉̥̪̣̼̼̗̳̹̣̞̳͇̾̉͂̅͊̈͒̀̀̂́͑͆̏̿͂͒͌͒͜͠͝ ̢̰̳͖͕̟̻̩̜͚̰̭̩̖̬̯̜͔̳̟̠͔͛̈́̀͋̄̈́̑́͊͒͐̂̑̑̆͊̈̾̐̚̕͘Ẕ̢͍̰͎̹͍̟͓͙̺̣͍̬̹̱̤̱͚̠̋́̀̆̓̆̏̓̀̿̎̄̏́́͌̈̇̅͜͝͝͠ą̤̩̜̗̥̣̠̪͔̟̪͎̹̥̺̺̫̼͓̞́͆̃͒̐̆̍̆͊̍̌̀͌̃̂̕͘͠͝l̡̼̳̩̥̰̝̲̟̤̮̫͕̰̘̣̻̪̞̀͛́̈̑͌͆̐͋̌̂̌̑͑͆̎͋̚͝͝͝͠g̨̡̩̤͙̭͓̪̙͈͖̺̫̮͕̜͔͕̼̭͎̓̔̒̋́̐̔͋̓͌̃̏̈̒̓̃̏̀͊́̚ŏ̧̧̧̡̖̩̹̱̲͎̙̞̤͙̣̹̻̱̫̩͍͒͂͂̃͛͑̂͐̊̀̀͂̽͋̋̋̌̿͘͝ͅ.̡̡̜̯̞̹̠̘̲̫̖̹̪͈̗̹̰͕͙̋̽̌͑̋͌̄̏̈́̐͋̽́̑̏̈́̂̚͘͝~̢̡̡̲͓̩̘͚͇̦̠̥͙͉̩͈̭̳͕̰͈̉̅̓͒͌̌̑̐̀̀́̿̓͌̍̾̚̕͝͠ͅ"

That was the last thing I heard before I was sucked into a horrible twisted truth.