Chapter Two: 'A Bloody Prom.'

Thank you all for the amazing responses on the first part of this story!

_____

Chapter Two: 'A Bloody Prom.'

••

Saying goodbye to the teachers, and students I would never hear from again, was somewhat easy. I mean, come on. The real goodbye was coming, and that was going to be a drunk, over the top, emotional one. Nobody really cared for each other here, all we did was spend years and years doing the same old thing. Nothing new ever really went down - the occasional rumour, the occasional player cheated on his girlfriend. That kinda' crap.
The teachers announced that our grades will be posted tomorrow - so we were forced to return for half an hour more, most of us to be suffering from a hangover. Happy days.

••

All of the girls were getting ready at Aimee's place, I had to grab my dress and accessories before heading over, so that's what I did. I entered my house to my mum and dad - excited to hear about my final day, also to congratulate me on surviving school in general, too.

"My baby!" My mum squealed, throwing her arms around me. "You're not a baby anymore.."

I awkwardly wrapped my arms around my mum, trying to stay stable - hoping I didn't fall down. "Hey ma?.. Please, you're like... Cutting my breathing off here." She released me from the tight hug and began to dust herself off, I looked up at my dad who was standing there, happy and peaceful as ever.

"Well done baby girl." Dad said, kissing my cheek.

"Thanks pap. I'm here to have a quick shower and grab my things. I'm getting ready at Aimee's house."

"Well, I'm calling her mum now, I need photos, lots of them." My mum ordered.

"Aren't you going with Dylan? I mean, I thought-" Dad asked, before me rudely interrupting..

"No, that's not happening."

"What, why?!" My parents both asked.

"He's got to help his dad out with business or some crap like that."

"And he's sacrificing prom, to do that?"

"Yes mum, he's got to help his dad. I mean, if one of you guys asked me to help you, I would put anything off."
The pair both looked down on me, crossing their arms and giving me a face of, 'would you really though?' Ok.. I probably wouldn't have.
"Okay.. I wouldn't. But you know, Dylan really cares for his father. If he needs him he always ends up to the rescue." I assured.

"Well.. If you say so." Shrugged my dad, questioning my response, soon heading through the living-room into the kitchen.

"Are you sure he really is out with his dad, honey?"

"Mum I'm sure, alright! Can I just get on with my evening and leave, please?!"

"Alright. Get on with it, I'm only looking out for you."

"Sure you are." I frowned storming off up the stairs and into the bathroom.
All my parents ever did was look out for me. Put every, single ounce of love and care into me and my life. Little did they know I would ruin there's..

••

After showering I whipped my hair into a messy bun and threw a tracksuit on. There was no need for me to take hours into getting ready - that kind off effort was for when I was to reach Amiee's. Heading into my bedroom, my small, box-like, cozy, red room - I grabbed some underwear and put them inside my handbag - following my jewellery and drinking shoes.
I remember my drinking shoes fairly well. For a 'beautiful nerd' I had an outstanding tolerance to alcohol. No, maybe it isn't something to be proud of, but when you drink you need those flat shoes in order to walk, AT ALL.
I placed all of my other bits and pieces into my bag and grabbed my car keys before rushing out. My mum and dad, waved me goodbye and wished me a good night - begging for photos, again.
I can now see why they were so curious about Dylan and his secretive antics - because I didn't know any of the truth about him or our relationship, until I was three months into college. More on that later.