- prologue -

12-15-08

dear diary, i had a new client come into the shop today

dear diary,
i had a new client come into the shop today. he was short, with brown hair and eyes. it wasn't my most common customer i'd usually get on a normal basis, or the kind of customer that i'd pay the most attention to. usually, id get elders with their grandchildren, searching my store in either a need of a bathroom or a coloring book to keep the grandchildren off their tails. this guy also, had an odd sense of style. when i say odd, i mean a scarf, vest, and patterned pants, but he still managed to pull it off, somehow.

he asked me if we did photoshoots because his friend and him need to take pictures for their band, and i obviously, said yes, but didn't question the band part, which looking back on the moment, i wish i would have.

taking picture of clients, wasn't really common in the shop either, but if they were asked, i'd still be happy to do them, even though it isn't my main goal for the shop.

after i gave him a designated date, he smiled at me. i pushed his appointment card towards him and said ill see him then.

but then, this man began to start a conversation with me, which was also not normal here. usually, id assign the appointment, then the customer would be on their way, not asking another thing.

he had asked me if i ran this whole shop by myself. i said yes, and that i liked being in charge of my own self. i didn't want to have the option to boss everyone around.

he started to gaze around my shop and took in the atmosphere of my artwork that had been hanging up. he also, told me that i was a very talented woman. he thinks that i should be doing something more with my art, besides selling it to people. he's got a point.

after walking around the store for awhile, gazing at all the art that had surrounded the building, he finally had told me goodbye and went on his way.

it was nice having someone appreciate my art and think so highly on it. my regular customers never spoke to me, so having this man speak to me and give me company, which was a feeling that this store had never felt before.

maybe he'll visit more often, but thats all i have to write today. ill write in you again soon diary.

stay happy,
Juliette ~