Chapter 20

Nick entered his bedroom after locking up. It appeared Gracie was preparing the bed for action. He closed the door quickly and silently.

The lamp cast a golden glow on her porcelain skin as she bent over the bed and destroyed its symmetry. He lounged against the dresser to enjoy the sweet quiver of her rounded ass above a lacy black garter belt anchoring fishnet stockings. There was a lot to be said for fet-wear. When he realized her undergarment consisted of a wisp of black thong, his dick twitched in anticipation. It seemed more like years, not months, since he'd buried himself inside her warmth.

His leather vest dropped to the floor.

The whisper of sound alerted Grace to Nick's presence. She straightened slowly, swung her gaze around. The view of half-naked, fully aroused male turned her bones to jelly. A raw surge of desire sliced away some of her self-assurance. Oh, man, this wasn't going to be as easy as she'd thought. If she wasn't careful, he'd have her begging like a starving dog within minutes. To lull him into a false sense of security, she snapped to attention.

"Ready to carry out orders. Sir."

"At ease, probie. Let's see how long you can hold out before you lose control." The husky, seductive quality to his voice made her breath come faster.

"I can control myself all night," she said, hoping it was true. "You?"

Hot challenge sparked in his eyes. "Someone has to keep a cool head. Relax and enjoy the ride, darlin'. I'm more than up for the challenge."

"So I see," she murmured, eying his bulging crotch. "Better start practicing your begging technique. Sir."

In four long strides, Nick zeroed in on his goal. He was so rigid, so taut, it was almost painful. He snaked out one hand to clasp her butt, dragged her body against Command Central. Using his other hand, he caressed her satiny shoulders. With his nose buried in her hair, he inhaled the fresh female scent.

"You smell delicious," he murmured, nuzzling the satiny softness of her neck.

The waves of sex appeal radiating from Nick left Grace dizzy with longing. She gave herself a mental shake. If she didn't get a grip, she'd be drooling like a love-struck puppy, begging him to jump her bones. She restricted herself to a subtle little wiggle, calculated to drive him nuts.

"Awaiting orders." She slanted him a sultry glance. "Sir."

Nick allowed his gaze to wander from her flushed face to the sweet hollow of her neck, where a heavy pulse pounded under the delicate skin. She wasn't as unaffected as she wanted him to believe.

Over the thunder of blood in his ears, he said, "Your heart's pounding."

Silence.

"I can tell you're as turned on as I am."

More silence.

He intended to reduce her to a quivering mass of jelly. To get the ball rolling, he issued an order. "I want you to kiss me, probie, long and hard and deep."

"Aye, aye, sir."

He stared down at her flushed face, which was obediently tilted back, her lips pursed, eyes squeezed shut. Well, hell. His strategy was blowing up in his face. He sensed subtle insubordination, but she'd given him nothing concrete to complain about.

As if sensing his slight hesitation, she cracked open one eyelid and smiled sweetly. In a voice laden with concern, she inquired, "Performance anxiety, sir? Not to worry. It happens to most men."

To shut off the distracting chatter, he simply lowered his head and took possession of her mouth. His heart sank when he found her lips as stiff as a sheet of cardboard. Happily, perseverance was one of his strengths. He intensified the pressure. To his vast relief, her lips softened under a barrage of gentle nips and nibbles. Using the tip of his tongue, he traced a sensual path around her mouth, enjoying the way her trembling increased.