Broken Love

Edward sped down the street as he rushed trying his best not to be late to his audition. He parked his car, grabbed his bag from the back seat, jumped out the car and flew through the front doors of the building yelling "IM HERE!" The lady at the front desk, irritated, said "last name?" "Rockwell", Edward replied. "Edward?" "Yes ma'am!" She handed him a piece of paper with a number on it and said "through those doors *pointing* , down the hall and to the left".

  Edward smiled. "Thank you so much!" He followed her directions and waited in a small area for his number to be called. He sat and waited eagerly, tapping and jumping up every time a number was called thinking it was his. He sat and waited for about 10 minutes until... "Number 1405, center stage please!" a voice yelled through the double doors leading to the stage.

  Edward jumped up and ran through the doors on to the stage, smiling one of the biggest smiles he'd ever smiled. Edward had been waiting for his singing audition to be a background singer for Beyonce for 4 months. "What is your name son?" Said one of the judges. "Edward Rockwell!" He exclaimed. "Someone's excited" said another judge. "I've been waiting for this audition for so long so excuse my excitement please." He giggled.

  The three judges smiled. "Well whenever you're ready son". "Ok". Edward took a deep breath, closed his eyes and started to sing 'love on top' beautifully. He opened his eyes to see a crowd of people staring at him. His voice cracked terribly from anxiety and he stopped and started sweating. "are you alright sweetie?" Said one of the judges. He fainted.