Chapter 8

Norbury Canada
May 26
7:00 pm
Justin Pov
"Ok let's just get something from McDonald's because I'm not driving to three or so different places to eat. Ashley, Sara, and Shelby can have a salad there right? And everyone else can have a Big Mac?" I asked Hunter while heading to the one I saw when we came through earlier...that is if I could figure out where it was. "Yea that will work let's just hurry up. This town is creepy at night." He said. "Don't be such a big baby, there's nothing to be sacred of-AGH!" I screamed and slammed on the breaks when something huge and black jumped in front of the van. "Damn it! What the hell was that?" I asked Hunter. "I don't know." he said. I went to get out and look but when I turned to my door, someone was standing there. "F**K!" I screamed- I mean yelled again. The figure didn't move so I rolled the window down just a little. I didn't know who this was so, he was huge and I didn't want him being able to touch me if he meant ill-will. "H-hey man." I said to the guy. "Are you ok? I hope you didn't get hurt, I was just walking my dogs when Kuma got loose and took off." The dude said. "y-yea we're fine, is your dog ok? I didn't hit the dog did I?" I asked nervously. "Nah you didn't hit him. Are you two new here? I don't think I've seen you around before." I rolled the window down a little more. "We don't live here. I'm Justin and that's Hunter. A few friends and I came up here from Colorado to do some investigative work on the missing people." I told him. I felt Hunter pinch my arm but I held in the yelp I wanted to release. "The name's Josh. Josh Williams and this is Kuma and Milo." He said pointing at his two big black dogs. "Yea people are always going 'missing'. I think they either just run away or are attacked by...something...in the woods." Josh told us. Somehow I think he knows something but I couldn't dwell on the thought for long because of Hunters fidgeting. He wanted to leave. "You say a few of your friends came down here to investigate? I could tell you where most of these disappearing took place if you really want to look into it." He said with a smile. It looked a sinister. "T-that would be great!" I told him. "You can meet me here tomorrow, say around three in the afternoon and I'll lead you to the area. By any chance are any of your friends that came along girls?" he asked. That seemed like a big warning flag. Why would he want to know if any girls had come with us? "Uh..why would it matter?" I questioned him suspiciously. "Girls get scared when they stay in the woods don't they?" "We don't plan on staying the night in the woods" I told him. "That's when most of the disappearances happen are at night. You want to find out what's happening, you'll have to stay in the woods. I have a Mansion in the Woods where the girls could stay while us guys go camping and solve the case." He finished. "I'll have to talk with the others and see what they say. Oh! By any chance could you tell us where the nearest McDonald's is? We kind of got turned around." I confessed. "Sure, but first, here." He handed me a piece of paper with numbers on it. "It's my cell number, just call if you want to meet up." "Thanks, now those directions?" "Right, just head down the road about a mile then take a left. Drive that for about three miles then another left and you'll be right there." He said. "Thanks man!" "No problem. Drive safe." He said kind of creepily. I rolled up my window and went the direction he said.
About five minutes later Hunter decided to speak up. "I don't think it was wise to tell him where we came from and why we're here. He seemed shifty to me." I didn't say anything. He was right but I guess I was just intimidated by the guy and lying did not seem like a good option. The rest of the dive to get the food and back was silent. I didn't say a word and neither did Hunter.

Ooh look who they ran into! that can only mean bad news bears! Things will be on fire in a few chapters so watch out!

If you like this little story Comment down below! Vote it at the top right (unless your on your phone, then it's the bottom left) and follow Me! I love to get feed back from you amazing people so don't be shy! I'm also welcoming to suggestions!