Chapter 14

Sister-to-be bedroom^^^

May 27

4:45 pm

Alex Pov
I was enjoying some quality time with Nora. She had been telling me all about how her boys were such trouble makers when they were kids. Especially Sean and Seth. She said that they are very talented. They can imitate other people's voices as well as animal noises. Those two would always find a way to mess with Josh by using their imitation abilities.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you meet your husband?" I questioned, hoping I wasn't being to nosey. "Oh I don't mind at all. Let me think, it was about twenty six years ago. I was eighteen and very adventurous. I was living in Black Water Ridge, Colorado." "My friends and I live in Colorado" I said, but then shut my mouth. I had interrupted her. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be rude." I apologized. "It's ok, now where was I? Oh yes, I didn't have a family and I grew up in the orphanage in the town. The place was ok and the staff was tolerable for the most part. I worked at a library for a little bit so I could earn some money for when I got old enough I was leaving that town. When I turned eighteen I could finally do what I wanted, so I decided to move to Norbury, Canada. Norbury was its own state and town as weird as it seems, but it's a nice place nonetheless. I had just enough money to travel to this little town and as soon as I got here I knew I would need to find a job fast. After a few bump nights staying in an abandoned building, which I believe was a gas station, I finally got a job at a grocery store. Soon enough I was able to afford an apartment." She had paused for a minute and I noticed a small tear coming out of her eye, but she had a huge smile on her face.

"One day while I was working, a young man of about nineteen or twenty came to check out his groceries. His name was Garret and he told me I was really pretty and he would love to get to know me. He said he wanted to take me out on a date. No one had ever asked me out on a date before so I of course said yes. That's pretty much it. It was kind of like love at first sight." Nora finished. That was such a cute love story. "I'm so glad that everything worked out for you. You deserved a happy ending." I told her. She gave me a warm smile in return. "Thank you dear. You're so sweet." She said to me. Then a thought crossed my mind. "Do you ever get worried that the murderer will ever harm you or your family? You do live a good ways from the town."I stated with concern. She gave me a knowing smile and said, "Dear there is no need to worry about us. We can handle ourselves very well. If anything the murderer should be scared of us."
Not a minute later a man, carrying Josh, busted through the door. My eyes widened when I saw blood on his pants leg. Nora stood up quickly and ran to the two. I stayed in the couch as to stay out of their way.

Nora Pov
I love this girl. She's so sweet and innocent. Alex is the daughter I've always dreamed about.
When she asked me how I met my husband I did tell the truth. Just not all of it. When Garret met me he wasn't actually planning on dating me more less so marrying me. No he was only trying to lure me away for people so he could have a meal. Unfortunately, that was my same thought; however, I was much stronger than him because I'm a wendigo. My ancestors we more chaotic and more barbaric but not anymore. When we discovered both of our love for human flesh we got along nicely. We kidnapped several people and made the build our house. Once they were finished they had a nice stay in the rooms we had built in the basement. We didn't need to torture them since they did do as we say so we made their death quick.

Just as I was reliving my memories, my husband nearly broke down the door trying to get in. That's when I smelt blood. How did I not smell it before he came in? It didn't matter right now. I stood up and ran over to the two. "What happened to my baby?" I hissed out. I didn't want to be too loud since I didn't want Alex to hear. "Remember the guy that the boys have been chasing? Turns out he's an investigator and he got the jump on Josh." "Where is he? What about Alex's friends? Where is Sean and Seth? " That man hurt my baby. He will pay dearly. "They are all staying in the basement room, and the twins escorted them there." Garret told me. "Good because anyone who hurts my family will surely suffer." I said with anger coating my tone.
"Get him to the couch. Alex! Could you help me dear?" I asked, and she replies with a very good answer. "I'll help any way I can."

Alex Pov
"I'll help anyway I can" I told Nora. She helped the man carry Josh to the couch and laid him down.  Nora then ran to the kitchen for a moment, and then she came back with a towel. She rolled his pants leg up to reveal a bullet wound. "Apply pressure to his wound. I'll be right back. Garret go get the first aid kit." She said and he took off to get it. That's the dad? Why must all the guys in this house seem so intimidating? "Shouldn't we get him to a...hospital?" I went to ask only to realize that she had already left. I heard Josh groan at the pain. I could keep myself from asking, "Josh what happened? Where are my friends at?" Another groan. "I don't know, it all happened so fast.  We were changing the tire to the van when all of a sudden-BANG-  a sharp pain filled my leg and I collapsed." He said through gritted teeth. "I told your friends to run, to get out of there and either try to get to the town or back to the house to get help. I kept my watch on the guy for about twenty minutes, wondering why he hadn't shot me again when the thought that 'this was the murderer' came to mind. He finally decided he was going to try to make his way towards me. Luckily my dad came along and saw me so he stopped.  Dad always carries a gun so I knew without the element of surprise; the guy wouldn't stand a chance against him. So the dude ran and here I am." He finished. "Do you think they are ok?" I asked, worry lacing my voice. I don't want my friends to die. I don't want Gage to die. I never got the chance to tell him that I love him. "Don't worry; I'm sure your friends are fine. They did get a twenty minute head start." Josh said.

I still couldn't stop the tears forming in my eyes. Josh had been shot and could still die. My friends are out there with a killer, they could die. Why did we have to come here? It was so stupid of us to come here when we knew something wasn't right. Why couldn't we have been smart? I kept trying to keep myself together but I was finding it difficult to. I flinched when someone all of a sudden put their hand on my shoulder. I jerked my head around hopping to see Gage. It wasn't. It was Garret with the first aid kit.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He said. His hand, however, never moved from my shoulder. "It's ok." I whispered.

Nora finally came back with a black box type of thing ()

and a wooden spoon and set them beside the couch. "Ok Alex, I don't want you in here for this part. So, why don't I take you to where you'll be resting tonight? Garret will take care of Josh." Nora said and grabbed my hand as well as my suit case and started leading me towards the stairs. She looked really nervous so I just decided to keep my mouth shut and follow.

We went up and took the right side of the stairs to a door that was directly in front of them. she then proceeded to take a key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. Upon entering I stared at the huge beautiful room. My room at home is kind of small and I sleep on a twin sized bed so you could imagine how entranced I was. "It's beautiful! Is this how all your guest rooms are?" I asked Nora. She laughed a bit. "No dear, this was going to belong to a daughter I was suppose to have but she didn't make it during her birth." I paled at this. "I am so sorry, look I'll take a different room. This one is too special." I said fixing to leave when she blocked my way. "I don't mind, really. It would mean so much if you would stay in this room." She said. "I don't know," I mumbled. "Please? Besides, it's the only room I have prepared and I know she wouldn't have minded. In your opinion, do you think she would have liked it? She would have been around your age." I wasn't sure why, but I all of a sudden felt a chill down my spine. Stuttering out, "Y-yes I t-think she wou-would have l-loved it."  She seemed relieved to hear that as my answer. "Good, well I'll leave you to get settled down while I go help my boys and then we'll see about getting you something to eat." Boys. What about the twins?! "I hate to ask but where are the other two of your kids?" I asked hesitantly. "Those two are fine; they are around back playing with the dogs. But, I would like you not to tell them about this incident. They tend to get upset when someone gets hurt." She answered with a wink and then she closed the door.

---------------------------------------
totally didn't lie about posting a chapter(yes I did)
im such a lier 😫 But oh well I updated today!! So enjoy!