Chapter 10

Alex's outfit^^

Norbury Motel

May 27
8:17 am
No one Pov
No one had gotten any sleep that night. Nerves ate away at their mind at what they could possibly be doing the next day. Should they trust this Josh character? It was their first lead and seemed too good to be true.

Alex Pov
'Worse night of sleep ever!' I thought. I got up and stretched before trudging my way to the bathroom area. After using the toilet and brushing my teeth, I decided to give Gage a wake-up call. "Rise and Shine Gage!" I yelled and jumped in his bed, causing him to bounce out off it. "Agh-omph" he grunted once he hit the ground. "You are so dead Alex." He said while trying to get off the floor, fortunately the blanket slowed him down enough so I could run in to the bathroom and shut the door. He banged on the door. "Let me in!" "Not a chance!" I laughed. "You'll have to come out eventually." He said. Before I could respond, we heard a knock on the door. "Come on guys! We have to check out of the hotel and get some breakfast!" Hunter said. Wait, what do you mean check out? I thought we were staying here for a week?" Gage asked as he opened the door. "Well, Justin said we were going with Josh this afternoon." Hunter replied. "I am not going with this guy you two just met. I mean, what if he's a serial killer or something? What if he's the reason for all these disappearances?" I stated seriously. "Look, we did not decide what we are doing yet so we are not checking out just yet. So let's keep our rooms until we know what we are doing." Gage commented. "Alright, alright. Just chill." Hunter said and walked back to his room. By now I had already come out of the bathroom and was standing by Gage. That's when he looks at me and my eyes went wide. "No, don't even think about it!" I said, backing away from him. He just looked at me emotionless as he approached me. "I'm serious!" I said and went to run from him. I didn't even get a step in distance when he grabbed my fluffy waist and threw me on the bed and started to tickle me. "St-stop p-please!" I cried while laughing. "Nope, I told you I would get you back." He said. After a few more seconds he finally let up. "You're terrible." I told him. "But you love me anyway" he said and pulled the puppy face. I just rolled my eyes. Realization then hit me and my blood went cold. I never called my parents or even sent them a text when I landed. I got off the bed and went to my bag and pulled out my phone. "You ok?" Gage asked. "I forgot to tell my parents I made it here." "Might want to hurry and tell them." "Yea I know." I said and turned the phone on. I had seven missed calls and fifteen text messages. I texted them saying I had made it and was safe and that I just forgot to let them know I was ok. "There! Now let's get ready for our first day of investigation." I said as we got dressed.

Justin Pov
Once everyone got dressed, we all met each other in the lobby. "Ok first things first, what should we get to eat for breakfast?" I asked everyone. "Is there a Hardee's nearby? I could sure go for a steak biscuit." Sara asked. "I think I saw one just down the street for here." Hunter told her. "Sweet! I love their chicken biscuits" Alex said. "Then let's head'em up and mooove it out" Gage said, while imitating a cow at the word 'move'.

~short timeskip~
Hardee's
9:45 am
Gage Pov
"Man I love their food." I said with a small belch. "Gross Gage!" Shelby said with a disgusted face. "Better out then in as Shrek always says haha." I quoted.  "Ok let's get down to business. Where do we start?" I asked as we started to walk out of the food joint. "We could start with the woman who is talking to a news guy over there." Ashley said and pointed to the left. There was a news van and crew and a man talking to the woman. The lady wasn't very tall. She had short blond hair and was wearing a pink and purple jogging suit but from the looks of it she wasn't going jogging any time soon. She sounded hysteric from where we are standing. "Well let's go talk to her." Justin said walking that direction. "Hold on, wait! We can't just go and barge our way over there! We need to wait until they finish and then we can go." I told him. "Fine, I just want to get this story soon." He said.

10:05 am
Alex Pov
We waited for about twenty minutes when the news crew finally left. The closer we got to the woman the louder her crying got. "Excuse me ma'am, are you alright?" I asked with a gentle tone. "No, I'm not alright! My baby was taken from me and I don't know where she is!" the woman yelled. "Calm down and just talk to me. I only want to help." I continued. The lady tried to calm down. Her sobbing soon reduced to sniffles. "My h-husband a-a-and I were g-going out t-t-too eat," the lady started, her voice unsteady. "We l-left at about th-three forty five since we were going to run a few errands first." She continued, her speech getting better. "We were finally able to sit down and eat at some steak house. We left there around nine o'clock and was heading home when we got into a wreck. I'll admit we were drinking before getting into the car but I didn't think I was too intoxicated where I couldn't drive." Her water works tried to start again. "We went to the hospital and had to stay there overnight. I texted my daughter telling her we wouldn't be home and left it at that. I should have known something was wrong when she didn't respond back!" The sobbing started to come back and she started to hug me, clinging to me like her life depended on it. "we came home this morning to find our house had been ransacked and our daughter missing! We called the cops and they searched the house for evidence." "Did they find any?" I asked. "Yes, they found some blood and they think it might have been hers!" she finished. I then noticed Hunter had been writing something on a notepad. "She was a good girl, she never did any harm to anybody!" the woman continued to cry. "I need to go inside now, I can't keep talking. I just hope whoever has Courtney will bring her back." The lady said and walked back to the house.

"Damn I can't imagine how this is for her." Sara said with a gloomy face. "It's not easy to lose a child, especially if there is a high chance they won't be coming back." Justin said. "Well, let's get to asking around and see if anybody knows who this Courtney girl is." Hunter commented. "With a kidnapping happening as soon as we came here cops will be everywhere so we will probably be safer." Shelby said. "Not likely, they will probably think us more as suspects than anything else. We need to be careful during this investigation." I warned everyone.

(Next Chapter our little crew might run into trouble! It could end up a little gruesome! After this chapter that's when the real fun begins, so hold on to your fingers and toes!!

If you like this little story Comment down below! Heart it at the top right! and follow Me! I love to get feed back from you amazing people so don't be shy!