Chapter Nine

Emmanuel Jackson

There has been a lot of talk on the street about some Bronx boys coming down to start some trouble on fourth street. Luckily, I wasn't apart of Fourth Blood, but most of my "friends" are so I had to show up and support.

I met at G's apartment along with Xae. Denver was there shining his gun with Markus and his other friends that I didn't fuck with. G was friends with all of us so whenever some shit was about to go down on the street, his house was the spot to meet up.

"Yo EJ?" Denver called over for me. I looked at him and approached him over at the couch.

"What?"

"You know Laken is my girl, right?"

"Sure."

"I don't need you to be around her. Leave her alone, man. You know you bad news so why you trying to act friendly?" He stopped shinning his gun.

"Your good news? One minute you over at her crib singing love songs and next minute you here getting ready to scrap? You a fraud, my nigga. I keep it one hunnit'. She know what I do—I ain't keep shit from her."

"Woah, what's this talk about my little sister?" Xae came over to the couch.

"I ain't no fraud. I'm not the one going around suckin' on my aunt titty—"

I roughly gripped his shirt and pulled him to my face as Markus tried to pull my arms from him. I glared in his face for a couple of seconds before they finally pulled me apart from him.

"EJ, take a breather." Xae held my arms back.

"I ain't never suck on my aunt titty! I provide for myself...make more money than any nigga in here. She been the one caring for me ever since my ma' and pops died but that's it. She just my guardian. The rest I do for myself. Put some respect on my name, bitch nigga."

I spat at his feet and turned away from him. As I walked towards G, I heard a click. I stared straight as the whole apartment got silent. I slowly turned my head, "Word?"

"Stay away from my bitch, EJ. I'm not playing with you." He threatened.

I turned around all the way and saw his hand shaking. I chuckled and shook my head. He didn't realize he was making a big mistake. Even if he didn't shoot me, just him in my face with a gun was enough reason for me to get this nigga.

"Aye! Denver, put that fucking gun down." G yelled at him.

After a few seconds, he put the gun away.

"I'm sure whatever beef y'all got, y'all can settle it later. I hear them niggas outside right now." He said as he looked towards the window where Montana  was peeking through the curtain.

"Yeah, they coming down the block."

Markus got up followed by Denver and the rest of the Fourth Blood crew. Everyone else followed behind to be extra backup. I was the last one outside of the apartment and closed the door behind me. Xae and I walked down the steps far behind everyone else.

"See the way he talks about her? Calls her his bitch." I said to him.

"I know man, but that's his girl. You like her that much?"